Monlyth is a 2v2 map released with the second map-pack for the StarCraft II beta. It was formerly called Decena.
Official Map Description
Team play map, your ally is located nearby. Natural expansions are very easy to control. There is one main path through the center of the battlefield. Additional paths are located on the outskirts of the map.
- Similar to Scorched Haven, Monlyth Ridge has a narrow ramp to the main base
- An archway created from the high-ground of the main base, protects and shields the natural expansions, providing ease and security with fast-expansive build-orders.
- Two high-yield expansions can be found at the 12 and 6 o'clock position, accompanied by two Xel'Naga towers.
- Two Xel'Naga Watchtowers provide vision of the central pathway between the two sides of the map. Without control of these, armies taking that central path are at risk of being flanked or attacked from the high ground.
- One expansion is found at the 2 and 8 o'clock position, its distance from the main bases make it a difficult expansion given its deviation from the main path of attack.
- Three main paths between the two sides of the map present many possibilities for counterattacks and flanks.
- The cliffs behind the bottom left and top right main bases cause them to be very vulnerable to air harass.