OSC Championship 5
Round Robin Group Stage
Direct Elimination Group Stage
The Online Sports Championships (OSC) is an online global league for StarCraft II and other games.
The league follows a yearly season format, where players earn points for placing highly in all partnered tournaments, along with points acquired through bonuses and challenge matches. These points and player data act to form the OSC World Rankings and seeding system.
At the end of the yearly season, the top 50 players ranked via the OSC World Rankings are invited to play in the revered OSC Finals, where we determine our the yearly champion! Every player who plays in the finals gets be paid! We have designed a finals format which rewards the players who finish highly in the World Rankings, as they have shown a combination of results and regular participation throughout the year, and deserve rewards for their efforts. Thus seeding and competition for position within the rankings is highly important!
- Season ends on December 21, 2017 - 11:59pm KST.
- The season 5 finals will take place from January 4 to January 14.
- Top 50 Ranked players from all OSC partnered tournaments in 2017 will be invited.
- In the event of a tie on points, the player with the most scalp points will be awarded the higher seed.
- Group Format
- Ranks 27-50 will be seeded into 4 Round Robin Best of 2 groups.
- Top 3 from each group advance to the Group Playoffs
- Group Playoffs Format
- The Group Playoffs will be Best of 5
- The 6 winners of the 6 matches will move on to face the 21st-26th seeds in the Main Bracket
- Bracket format
- Ranks 1st-8th will be seeded in Winner's Bracket according to their ranking
- Ranks 9th-20th will be seeded in Winners Bracket Round 1
- Ranks 21st-26th will be seeded in Loser's Bracket Round 1
- Winners of the Group Playoffs will join the Top 26 in the bracket stage.
- Winners Bracket matches are Bo3 in Rounds 1 + 2, Bo5 from Round 3 onwards
- Losers Bracket matches are Bo5
- Grand Finals: first series Bo5, second series Bo5 (if required).
|Abyssal Reef LE||Ascension to Aiur LE||Battle on the Boardwalk LE||Blackpink LE||Catalyst LE||Neon Violet Square LE||Odyssey LE|
Casters, Hosts and Observer
$10,000+ USD are spread as follows:
|Seeded into Bracket (26)|
|Protoss (5)||Terran (7)||Zerg (14)|
|Seeded into Group Stage (24)|
|Protoss (3)||Terran (11)||Zerg (10)|
|Round of 50|
|Round of 38|
|Round of 32|
|Round of 26|
|Round of 18|
|Round of 14|
|Round of 10|
|Round of 8|
|Round of 6|
|Round of 4|
|Round of 3|
|Abyssal Reef LE||72||25||11||14||44.0%||11||3||8||27.3%||9||4||5||44.4%||10||16||1|
|Ascension to Aiur LE||65||27||13||14||48.1%||8||4||4||50.0%||8||2||6||25.0%||4||16||2|
|Battle on the Boardwalk LE||15||9||2||7||22.2%||6||4||2||66.7%||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|Neon Violet Square LE||18||5||4||1||80.0%||1||0||1||0.0%||3||1||2||33.3%||2||6||1|
|Total Sum (Σ)||316||103||44||59||42.7%||48||18||30||37.5%||37||15||22||40.5%||33||88||7|