- Balance Changes
- Hotkey Changes
- Bug Fixes
StarCraft II Beta – Patch 11 (version 0.13.0.15250)
- The build time has been decreased from 110 to 90.
- Fusion Core
- The build time has been decreased from 80 to 65.
- The range has been increased from 5 to 6.
- Planetary Fortress
- The splash damage now originates from the center of the target, rather than the impact location near the unit in order to maintain more reliable splash damage.
- Siege Tank
- Life increased from 150 to 160.
- Siege Mode splash damage now originates from the center of the target, rather than the impact location near the unit in order to maintain more reliable splash damage.
- Ground damage decreased from 45 to 30.
- Ground rate of fire improved from 1.93 to 1.28.
- Air damage changed from 8 (+4 Light) to 6 (+6 Light).
- 250mm Strike Cannons are now an upgrade at the Factory Tech Lab.
- 250mm Strike Cannons research now costs 150/150 and 110 seconds.
- 250mm Strike Cannons energy cost increased from 100 to 150.
- Anti-Air splash damage now originates from the center of the target, rather than the impact location near the unit in order to maintain more reliable splash damage.
- The splash radius has been increased from 0.8 to 1.
- Splash damage now originates from the center of the target, rather than the impact location near the unit in order to maintain more reliable splash damage.
- The damage has been decreased from 20 to 15.
- The rate of fire has been improved from 2.2 to 1.65.
- Can now attack while moving.
- The damage has been decreased from 8 to 6.
- Brood Lord
- Life has been decreased from 275 to 225.
- Armor has been decreased from 2 to 1.
Increases damage taken by 20%.
Lasts 30 seconds.
Costs 100 energy.
Cannot target structures.
- Spine Crawler
- The root time has been increased from 6 to 12.
- Spore Crawler
- The root time has been increased from 6 to 12.
- Damage has been increased from 18 to 25.
- In order to resolve a conflict with building multiple Forges with the Shift Key we have made the following changes:
- Changed Center Camera from Shift+F to Ctrl+F.
- Standard for Lefties
- Due to a conflict with Research Banshee Cloak, Research Seeker Missile has been changed from L to K.
- To correct a conflict with the Attack command on Planetary Fortress, Train SCV has been changed from K to J.
- In order to prevent the accidental training of Zerglings when using the Select Larva hotkey, Train Zergling has been changed from L to J.
- To prevent the accidental training of a Queen, train Ultralisk has been changed from U to T.
- To prevent the accidental research of Pneumatized Carapace when trying to train a Corruptor with no Larva available, Research Pneumatized Carapace has been changed from P to C.
- View All Status Bars has been changed from Q to the Alt key.
- View own Status Bars functionality has been added to the Q key.
- Grid for Lefties
- Attack Move and all other buttons in the 0,4 position should now function correctly.
- View Own Status Bars functionality added to Q.
- View Enemy Status Bars moved to W.
- View Ally Status Bars moved to E.
- Changed Build Nydus Canal from P to N.
- Changed Place Nydus Canal ability from P to N.
- Terran Infantry Weapon researches have been changed from E to W.
- Terran Vehicle Weapon researches have been changed from E to W.
- Train Thor hotkey has been changed from O to G.
- Train Viking hotkey has been changed from Y to W.
- View Own Status Bars functionality has been added to the Backslash key.
- Icon Position Changes
- To put all race gas extractors in the same icon position, the positions of the Supply Depot/Refinery and Pylon/Assimilator have been swapped.
- In order to make transforming multiple Gateways easier for players using Grid key sets, Transform to Gateway has been moved to a separate icon position (2,1).
- Corrected an issue that was causing the Polish language client to crash when receiving the "player is no longer being revealed” message.
- Corrected incorrect battle.net links on multiple language clients pages.
- Corrected an issue where the Zealot was using an US English voice over in the Korean language client.
- Corrected an issue where a player is unable to build any structures that require pylon power when their protoss ally leaves.
- Units can no longer be healed or repaired while in transports.
- Corrected an issue where the Creep Tumor targeting circle was visible to opponents through Fog of War.
- Corrected an issue in which selecting a Starport under construction and a completed Starport would display the select builder command in the Viking slot.
- Corrected the Broodling weapon icon.
StarCraft II Beta – Mac version release
The Mac version of StarCraft II beta was released for the North American server 29/04/2010. It came bundled with patch 9 and required to be immediately patched to patch 10. It did not at that point feature the Galaxy Editor, but was otherwise similar to the Windows version. All beta keys could be used for either the Mac version or the Windows version of the client.
The English, French and German beta clients were released in Europe 05/05/2010.