Follow us on Twitter @LiquipediaSC2 if you'd like to be kept up to date on all things StarCraft II!
Liquipedia will soon drop support for Internet Explorer.
SEA Release Date:
23 March 2015
NA Release Date:
24 March 2015
EU Release Date:
25 March 2015
KOR Release Date:
26 March 2015
- Bug Fixes
StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm - Patch 2.1.9
- Warcraft III Assets
- We’ve introduced over three thousand new assets from the Warcraft III Reign of Chaos and The Frozen Throne.
- To gain access to these assets, launch the StarCraft II Editor and add the following dependency:
- Warcraft III (Data Mod)
- File > Dependencies
- Click ‘Add Other’
- Select the ‘Battle.net’ tab
- Click ‘Log In’ and enter your Battle.net account information
- Double click on Warcraft III (Data Mod)
- Warcraft III (Data Mod)
- Arcade and Custom Game Lobby Changes
- Hosts will be able to remove players who have a pending invite.
- If a player fails to accept an invite, additional invites from that player will be delayed.
- The duration of a pending invite has been dramatically reduced.
- WCS Observer Interface
- We’ve made several improvements to the WCS Observer Interface
- Minerals, Gas, army count, and worker count can now be displayed simultaneously.
- Unit wireframes are now displayed for single or group selection.
- Information is displayed more consistently, making it easier for tournament organizers to display auxiliary information.
- Hot keys have been improved and simplified.
- Fixed an issue that could allow a player to join a private lobby when they were not friends with the host.
- Certain hotkeys in the Wings of Liberty campaign can now be remapped.
- Presence information displayed in the Friends List should now display the correct information.
- Fixed an issue where certain Nvidia drivers were causing certain textures to appear pink.
- Typical use of the middle mouse button should no longer cause the cursor to snap to the center of the screen.
On April 9, Blizzard released a Balance Update.
- Cost modified from 200 Minerals and 100 Vespene to 100 Minerals and 200 Vespene
- Supply cost increased from 3 to 4
- Movement speed increased from 2.25 to 2.95
- Swarm Hosts now require the Burrow research in order to burrow
- Swarm Hosts no longer collide with Locusts
- Spawn Locusts – This ability has been reworked
- Auto-cast removed, Spawn Locusts must now be manually cast
- Spawn Locusts cooldown increased from 25 seconds to 60 seconds
- Casting Spawn Locusts no longer requires a Swarm Host to be burrowed
- Weapon speed increased from .8 to .6
- Locust duration increased from 15 seconds (+10 seconds with Enduring Locusts) to 25 seconds
- Enduring Locusts – This upgrade has been removed
- New upgrade: Flying Locusts - Allows Locusts spawned by Swarm Hosts to fly. Flying Locusts can use Swoop to land and attack
- Requires Lair
- Cost is 200 Minerals, 200 Vespene, 160 seconds
- Allows Locusts spawned by Swarm Hosts to fly. Flying Locusts can use Swoop to land and attack
- Swoop: Orders the Locust to land at the targeted location, allowing it to attack
- Blinding Cloud range increased from 10 to 11
- Point Defense Drone duration decreased from 180 seconds to 20 seconds
- Bonus damage versus massive air units decreased from +50 damage to +14 damage.