Proxy 2 Gate Stalker Rush (vs. Protoss)
A powerful cheese build in PvP that proxies two Gateways and a Cybernetics Core near the opponent's base so that one Zealot and two Stalkers will arrive at the opponent's base much faster than they should have units to deal with them. This makes loss of Probes inevitable without exceptional micro. Against opponent's who don't manage to scout that this build is coming, it's highly unlikely that they'll be able to properly defend.
Basic Build Order
|"Proxy 2 Gate Stalker Rush"|
- Send the first Probe that returns minerals at the start of the game out on the map towards an ideal proxy location near the opponent's base. It should arrive at roughly 0:55 in-game time.
- One Chrono Boost is used on Probes after the first Pylon finishes. Every remaining Chrono Boost is used on Stalkers exclusively.
- The first Pylon is proxied near the opponent's base. Both Gateways, as well as the Cybernetics Core, are built at this Pylon.
- The second Pylon is built at the top of the opponent's ramp for vision when kiting away from Probes.
This all-in is for the most part played blindly, with no intention of deviating regardless of what the opponent may be doing. The Probe that builds the proxy should only scout after the Cybernetics Core has been placed.
- Build the proxy Pylon in a location close to the opponent's base, but not within his main, not within vision range of his main's cliffs, and preferably not within his natural. When your first two Stalkers finish, continue building Stalkers and Chrono Boosting them as money allows.
- When the initial Zealot finishes, send it straight to the opponent's base along with the Probe. Pick off Probes with the Zealot if you can, but do not risk being surrounded by the opponent's Probes until your supporting Stalkers have arrived. When your Stalkers unite with your Zealot, prioritize focus-firing Probes over all other units, even the opponent's Mothership Core, Zealot, or Stalker. The goal is to disrupt the opponent's economy and eventually overwhelm them with your superior 2 Gate Stalker production.
- Do not allow your Stalkers to be surrounded by Probes. Kite with your Stalkers back towards your Gateways, and then pursue if they turn away.
This build only works maps with two spawning locations (or 4 player maps with fixed spawn locations), as you must know where the opponent's base is from the start. Ideal maps from the ladder include Heavy Rain, Polar Night, Yeonsu, Daedalus Point and Habitation Station.
Replays & VODs
|PartinG||2012-2013 SPL SKT vs KT Set 5: PartinG uses this build against Zest.|