|April 23, 2021 - 16:00 UTC|
Artem "Rail" Avramenko, previously known as "Verdi" or "VERDI", is a Protoss player from Russia who is currently retired. He retired multiple times, the last being in April 2019 to play Warcraft III .
Verdi began his gaming career at a young age with Warcraft III, participating exclusively within national events. His achievements included a bronze medal at the Kalashnikov Cup Online Qualifier 2010, two top-four Moscow opens, a silver medal at the Asus Spring Cup 2010, a silver medal at ESWC Russia 2010 and several top-four performances at the Proplay.Cup. During his career with Warcraft III, he was one of the final players in the Ukrainian mix squad of new Generation Team.
Wings of Liberty
Having been so committed to Warcraft III, VERDI began playing StarCraft II competitively relatively late in the overall time line of professional players[when?]. However, after a few months of competitive play, VERDI made a name for himself, winning the FinanceTesEtudes.com Tournament and taking the second place of eSahara Cup. On 31 July 2011, VERDI signed on with eSahara. VERDI eventually decided to leave his team on 10 January 2012, in order to focus on his studies. However, he decided to rejoin the French team on 3 February 2012. After several Russian managers were removed from eSahara (in particular, teSt), VERDI decided to leave once again. He then briefly played for Virtus.pro, before joining Vega Squadron in August 2012. He left the team in September 2012, and joined Anexis eSports e.V. in January 2013.
Heart of the Swarm
During the third WCS Europe Premier League Qualifier he met PandaTank in the Round of 32. After losing the first map he proceeded to call his opponent an awful player and a stream cheater with a bad build. In the second game of the best of 3 he locked in as Terran and proceeded to give a preemptive gg before proceeding with his SCV pull all in. PandaTank held the push and won the series 2-0 against Verdi.
On 8 February, 2014, Verdi changed his race from Protoss to Terran, but went back to Protoss eventually.
Legacy of the Void
In November 2017, he joined Team GERA. At the end of January 2018, Rail announced that GERA stopped sponsoring him. On April 7, 2018, Rail announced that he was back as full-time player with a sponsorship from GERA.
- VERDI commonly participates in ladder play under the pseudonym of "Samuel", an homage to Samuel "DarthBotto" Horton, the former Assistant Manager of SK Gaming's StarCraft II squad.
- Following the cast of an ESL exhibition match with StrifeCro, Kevin "RotterdaM" van der Kooi stated that VERDI has some of the most-effective harassment strategies in Europe. [Citation needed]
- He plays Human in Warcraft III.
|In Major tournaments|
|2018-12-16||1st||Cup of Russia 2018||3 : 1||Cyan||$3,819|
|2015-10-07||3 - 4th||World Series of Video Games Maldives 2015||0 : 2||MacSed||$1,500|
|2012-10-04||3rd||IeSF 2012 World Championship||2 : 1||Masterok||$900.78|
|Complete Results in any Tournament|
|In Premier/Major Team Leagues|
|2016-03-15||SC2Improve Team League Season 6||All Kill of IsIMBA|
|Krr||Ruins of Seras||Rail|
|2016-02-02||SC2Improve Team League Season 6||All Kill of Nuit Blanche|
|Guru||Ruins of Seras||JonnyREcco|
|Complete Results in any Tournament|
First Person View Match VODS
|as||437 - 351||55.5 %||401 - 297||57.4 %||535 - 476||52.9 %||2 - 0||100 %||1375 - 1124||55 %|
|as||1 - 2||33.3 %||1 - 0||100 %||0 - 0||-||0 - 0||-||2 - 2||50 %|
- Switching to Warcraft III
- VERDI rejoins eSahara
- "eSahara without VERDI". eSahara.net. 10 January 2012. Translated version
- "Welcome back VERDI!". eSahara.net. 3 February 2012. Translated version
- "Test и Verdi покидают eSahara!". GoodGame.ru. 8 March 2012. Translated version
- "Verdi, TeSt, Our Explanations" eSahara.net. 12 March 2012.
- "Verdi - новый игрок Virtus.pro*BenQ". virtuspro.org. 29 April 2012. Translated version
- "Verdi новичок команды Vega Squadron". hdgame.net. 8 May 2012. Translated version
- Verdi teams up with Anexis eSports!. anexis.de. 29 January 2013.
- NASL WCS EU Premier Qualifier #3 with Rotterdam and Mr Bitter
- http://dhopen.binarybeast.com/xSC213042319, http://dhopen.binarybeast.com/xSC21304254
- Rail (2018-01-29). "GERA stops sponsoring Rail". twitter.com. Retrieved 2018-01-31.
- Rail (2018-04-07). "Rail back with team GERA". twitter.com. Retrieved 2018-06-04.
- Verdi retweets DarthBotto. twitter.com. 22 June 2014.