Reaper FE (Legacy of the Void)
Opening with a 16 Barracks and building a Reaper with the first 50 gas; and either a Reactor (for Marines and Bunker to defend) or a 2nd Reaper to pressure a greedy build that delays ranged units like the Queen and Mothership Core. Either way this is either follow-up with a Factory for Hellions (against Zerg) or 2nd and 3rd Barracks for Marauders and Stimpack research (vs. Protoss)
Info is the Goal
Reapers are not strong units and require a lot of micro, so it is not necessary to continually harass workers (unless you have the APM. It is much better to scout potential aggression as the strength of the build is being able to take and defend a low-ground expansion against un-upgraded Zerglings, or simply to scout what Protoss makes after the Cybernetics Core.
Basic Build Order
|Reaper FE LotV|
- Reapers are slower than Zerglings with Metabolic Boost. Try to avoid losing the Reaper!
- Reaper/s are only useful early game for scouting Protoss, it is not recommended to build more than 1, but 3 Reapers will kill a single Stalker head on.
- If your opponent scouts your base before you had the chance to finish your Wall-Off be very aware of early pressure/proxies/etc.
- Reapers are faster than any Protoss ground units but cannot fight anything convincingly, if your scout is denied do not sacrifice it.
- Follow up with 2 Barracks for a strong Stimpack timing or Factory for Widow Mines for defense and dropping.
- Scout for hidden Pylons; attempt to deny these with Marines, but do not bother getting in fights with Stalkers (which are usually skipped for the rush timing) unless you have an Engineering Bay on the way that can hold at least one mineral line in time for Oracles.
Maps with lots of cliffs, closed off naturals.
Wide natural expansion ramps, very long rush distances, large 4 player maps as this delays and possibly denies your scouting.
Replays and VODs
This VOD should be replaced, if a ProGamer VOD is available.