Paul "Redeye" Chaloner is a former British shoutcaster and host. In the later years of his career, he hosted several notable StarCraft II events, such as WCS Europe and DreamHack Winter 2012. In 2002, a friend approached him and asked if he'd like to Shoutcast a Quake game. Redeye agreed, despite not really knowing what he was getting into. However, he and his audience loved it, and Redeye casted multiple more small tournaments over the next 18 months. In 2004, he was approached by djWHEAT, to work for Radio iTG. With some reluctance, Redeye agreed and over the next two years shoutcasted many big tournaments for them, including WCG 2005, where he met Nick 'Tasteless' Plott. However, in late 2006, Redeye retired from shoutcasting as he'd run out of money, and promised to go into a more 'normal' job.
But this was not to be the case, because in early 2007, he and djWHEAT got an offer from the company CGS to shoutcast for them. Redeye moved to the US, and 2007 and 2008, completed 100s of TV shows all over the world, for companies such as Sky and ESPN. When the recession hit, Redeye lost his job and all of his tournament contracts, apart from WCG. Redeye had another break from esports, before joining Heaven Media to 'help run their expanding esports empire of websites'. In this time, Redeye learned much about social media just as it was kicking off.
Redeye kept casting at WCG right up until 2011, until he realised just how huge the foreign scene was getting as well, with companies like MLG and ESL bringing in amazing numbers. During this time he was working for a company called Fresh Egg, as their Head of Social Media, using the skills he learnt from Heaven Media. He intends to resign from this position in January 2013, to move to ESL and enhance their website. In 2012, he was first introduced to StarCraft II, and has so far hosted tournaments such as IEM, DreamHack, WCS and smaller European events.
In March, 2015, Redeye announced that he would step down from his position at ESL as a host/commentator in order to pursue other opportunities in esports. The day after, he joined Gfinity as head of broadcasting. His first action at Gfinity was demoting BanKs from commentator to interviewer, an action that did not sit well with BanKs. Almost one year later, after reports of infighting within Gfinity, Redeye announced that he became a freelance host, commentator and consultant for esports. 
In June 2020, James Banks publicly accused Redeye of repeatedly abusing his position of power and his role as Managing Director Code Red Esports, as well as physically assaulting a Gfinity employee. Redeye publicly denounced most of the allegations, however on June 29th, he announced that he would be stepping down from Code Red Esports and exiting the esports industry, citing his declining mental health from public outcry compounding with the stress from the COVID-19 Lockdown.
Wings of Liberty
So far Redeye has hosted:
- 2012 DreamHack Winter
- 2012 DreamHack Bucharest 
- WCS EU Finals
- Multiplay UK i46
- WCS UK Finals
- WCS Germany Finals
- Has 3 children.
- Plays Terran.
- Played Unreal Tournament at a high level.
- Changed his nick from ReDeYe to Redeye on the 6th of May 2017.
Notable Events Casted
|2016-07-16||Premier||2016 DreamHack Open: Valencia||Host|
|2016-03-05||Premier||2016 WCS Circuit: Winter Circuit Championship||Host|
|2014-11-08||Premier||2014 WCS Global Finals||Host|
|2013-11-09||Premier||2013 WCS Global Finals||Host|
|About achievementsBroadcasts from any Tournament|
- 2014-06-17 | ReDeYe: Bringing the many colours of ReDeYe to ESL One by Carrie "Hydro" Mok of ESLGaming.com
- 2014-06-13 | Paul 'ReDeYe' Chaloner talks ESL One Frankfurt, casting, and the future of e-sports by Chris Thursten of PCGamer.com
- 2014-03-26 | ReDeYe: "My 15-year-old daughter went into Twitch chat" by "Hot_Bid" of TL.net at WCS EU S1 2014
- 2013-09 | Interview with ReDeYe: "WCS could do a much better job of allowing or integrating other tournaments" by "Nydra" of GosuGamers.net
- Real Talk with Redeye YouTube.com 16th October 2012
- Paul Chaloner joins Gfinity as head of broadcasting dailydot.com 11th March 2015
- Paul Chaloner announcement on his twitter account twitter.com 26th February 2016
- Aaron Alford (2020-06-27). "Redeye and Code Red facing allegations of abuse and blackmail". Dot Esports.
- Redeye (2020-06-29). "RFollowing the attacks made on my character over the last few days, I have decided to walk away from esports.".
- Complete list of all events and TV shows Redeye has attended.
- Who the hell is ReDeYe? TL.net September 1st 2012
- ReDeYe plays Terran May 26th 2013, WCS Europe S1 Finals: Day 2
- Redeye (2017-05-06). "I understand you're upset at me using ReDeYe".