Revelation is a spell cast by the Protoss Oracle. Upon casting, all enemy units within the spell radius will be revealed by giving the Protoss player vision 1 radius around the affected units. The spell affects visible units as well cloaked and burrowed units.
- The Tempests long range attacks can be used together with the Revelation ability because Tempests need the extra vision to fire at maximum range.
- The ability can also be used to reveal burrowed units, such as Lurkers or Widow Mines.
In Combination with Other Spells
- Revelation can allow other Protoss casters to use their spells (such as Force Field, Psionic Storm or Feedback) on high ground without having to endanger an air unit to get the high-ground vision. This can be useful if the enemy has high-ground and strong anti air (e.g. Vikings or Tempests) and the Protoss attacks with mostly ground units.
- It can also be used to prepare a Mothership Core to use its Photon Overcharge or Mass Recall abilites to defend against harassment when used on fast harassment units (Phoenixes, Mutalisks or Reapers).
In Heart of the Swarm
In Heart of the Swarm, the spell did not affect cloaked and burrowed units. The Oracle had another spell, Envision, that granted the Oracle detection in its sight range.
|Patch 4.0.0 |
- Blizzard Entertainment (14 November 2017). "StarCraft II 4.0 Patch Notes". Battle.net.