Riccardo "Reynor" Romiti is a Zerg player from Italy who is currently playing for GamersOrigin.
Heart of the Swarm
Reynor started playing StarCraft II from a young age, following in the footsteps of his father who also played SC2. He started gaining a reputation at the age of 11, where he reached Master. With a rapid growth in skill, he was able to play at Italian LANs, including The Game Championship 2013 and 1st Next SC2 Tournament.
His first notable result was a second place finish at the Campionato Italiano Personal Gamer#2, losing 3:2 against Narcotic in the final. He was also invited to play at Vasacast Invitational 2014, but he fell out after losing to DeMusliM in the Ro32 with a 2:0 score.
DreamHack Bucharest 2013
Reynor made his first international appearance at the 2013 DreamHack Open: Bucharest. In the Group Stage, he would lose 0:2 against monchi and HwangSin, but was able to defeat Vicius with a 2:0 victory. He closed the tourney with a third place in his group.
DreamHack Bucharest 2014
Reynor appeared again at a DreamHack event, where he achieved a first-place finish in his group in Group Stage #1, beating sSak and Zeny with a 4-0 in total. However, he would lose to MC in Group Stage #2 and was knocked out from the tournament by sLivko with a 0-4 score.
Legacy of the Void
In October 2015, Reynor qualified to DreamHack ROCCAT LotV Championship through the Southern Europe qualifier. In the Group stage, he lost 2-0 to Solar and Elazer but defeated Lambo, Avokado and Semper, closing the tournament with a fourth place in his group.
In 2017 and early 2018, Reynor has yet not been able to play in WCS events because of his age but has found success in online cups and minor tournaments such as Go4SC2 ESL, WardiTV Invitational 2, WardiTV Christmas Invitational 2, Proxy Tempest EU Open, GG year 2017 and many more.
In March 2018, Reynor reached top 8 in WESG, defeating Puck, iAsonu and SpeCial but was eliminated by Dark. A few days after WESG, he confirmed his high level of play by all-killing Team France in the ro32 of StarCraft II: NationWars V. During the Group Stage, he single-handedly defeated Team China and Team Norway with two all-kills, allowing Team Italy to advance to the Playoffs where the team fell to South Korea's all-kill executed by INnoVation.
During a BaseTradeTV King of the Hill event on May 3, 2018 he did a flawless 10 wins streak winning against PtitDrogo, DnS, Optimus, Snute, Nerchio, TLO, souL, Stephano, Denver and Harstem, breaking the previous record set by Serral.
Korea and first steps in WCS
During his first official trip to Korea to train, Reynor participated in the qualifier for the 2018 Global StarCraft II League Season 3. There, he was successful in qualifying on the second day of qualifiers, defeating TOP, Trust, and Kelazhur to secure a spot in Code S.
Upon qualifying, Reynor was placed in the first group of the Round of 32, alongside Classic, Ryung, and sOs. He was defeated by Classic 2-0 in the initial match after Classic displayed superior builds with Glaive-upgraded Adepts and Double-Stargate Phoenix play. With this, he was then pitted against Ryung in the losers' match. In that match, Reynor came out victorious 2-0 after two late game ZvTs where Reynor displayed strong map control and late game control with brood lords. In the final match, Reynor had to face Classic once more in order to secure a spot in the Round of 16. During this series, Reynor adapted to the style of play that Classic displayed in the initial series, reading potential builds, enabling to first show his trademark multitasking. After two close matches between the two players, Reynor was able to take down the then #2-ranked WCS Korea player Classic 2-0, knocking a tournament favorite out early and becoming one of the youngest players to ever move on to the GSL RO16.
Having only turned 16 days before his GSL group, the 2018 WCS Valencia a week later would be his first ever WCS Circuit tournament. Due to the age restrictions placed on the tournament he wasn't able to attend the Challenger series and had to go through the open brackets. He managed to go through his first two groups 4-1, only dropping maps to Nerchio and Denver respectively. In Group Stage #3 he then beat both HuT and Showtime 2-0 each, moving on to the bracket stage in his first ever WCS Circuit tournament. In the Round of 16 bracket he hit SpeCial who was generally considered to be the best Terran outside of Korea. In the first game on 16bit, SpeCial seemed to dominate much of the early game, consistently harassing and trading, even taking out many of Reynor's hatcheries, but ended up falling to his late game. The two games after, where almost entirely controlled by Reynor, who eventually won the series 3-0. His next opponent would be the large tournament favorite in Serral. Coming off two WCS win in a row in both Leipzig and Austin, he was favored by many people to win the entire tournament. Having just barely edged out his last series against Scarlett however, people were looking at Reynor as the greatest possibility to take him out of the equation. The series itself however ended up being rather onesided in Serral's favor ending 0-3, ending Reynor's run in the Round of 8.
- Evaner coached him since he was a low master, helping him to improve and become stronger.
- Was chosen by the community to represent Italy at NationWars II and NationWars III, where he managed to take 3 games from Team Ukraine.
- He reached GrandMaster league at the age of 12 years and 40 days, becoming the youngest player to do so this far in the game.
- Reached 7000 MMR on the 12th of January 2018, it's then that he really started to think he could compete with the best of the best. .
- Has not lost a single map in italian tournaments since the 29th of november 2016, where he lost a map against Purce, this has become a meme in the Italian community.
- On May 3, 2018 he completed a 10-0 perfect streak in the PeopleImages Starcraft League 2 Europe Group KotH tournament.
- His younger brother plays Terran with the ID BabyMarine.
- He is the first Italian player as well as the youngest foreigner to qualify for a GSL, at the age of 15, and to advance to the Ro16, at the age of 16.
- He is the first Italian player to play in a WCS Final.
- He is the youngest player to play in a WCS Final at the age of 16.
|In Premier tournaments|
|2018-09-09||2nd||2018 WCS Montreal||3 : 4||Serral||$10,000|
|In Major tournaments|
|2018-05-27||2nd||PeopleImages Starcraft League 2||3 : 4||HeRoMaRinE||$1,120|
|Complete Results in any Tournament|
|In Major tournaments|
|2018-03-11||1st||OSC Team Championship||14 : 7||$25|
|In Minor tournaments|
|2016-02-25||1st||Alpha SC2 Team League: Season 4||3 : 1||$4.55|
|In Premier Team Leagues|
|2018-03-29||StarCraft II: NationWars V||All Kill of Norway|
|MiaNonna||Neon Violet Square||Poseidon|
|2018-03-29||StarCraft II: NationWars V||All Kill of China|
|TIME||Neon Violet Square||Reynor|
|2018-03-23||StarCraft II: NationWars V Qualifiers||All Kill of France|
|Reynor||Neon Violet Square||DnS|
|2016-12-21||StarCraft II: NationWars IV Qualifiers||All Kill of China|
|XY||Vaani Research Station||Reynor|
|Complete Results in any Tournament|
- 2018-09-24 | La prima Intervista Video di Reynor in Italia! by Claudio Corona at WCS Montreal
- 2018-03-10 | Interview with Reynor by Leonardo Vilona at WESG 2017
- 2018-03-30 | Riccardo “Reynor” Romiti, youngest player in WESG quarterfinals by Emilio Cozzi at WESG 2017
- 2014-09-26 | Interview with mYinsanity by John "JoRoSaR" Sargent at 2014 DreamHack Open: Stockholm
- 2014-09-26 | Interview with Reynor by Adam "Madals" Simmons at 2014 DreamHack Open: Stockholm
- Riccardo, il 16enne genio dei videogiochi che batte i campioni coreani
- Riccardo “Reynor” Romiti, 15 years old Starcraft 2 professional player
- Reynor joins Prophecy esport and wins EU Ladder Heroes July 2017