SC2Improve Summer League 2014
The SC2Improve Summer League 2014 is the fifth seasonal league by SC2Improve - and the third Summer League that we have done. In the past year SC2Improve has a huge growth and has taken many step forwards. We intend to reflect these improvements in the Summer League 2014 by putting out our best event yet! SC2Improve is a practice group community found and managed by Wardí on EU Battle.net, residing in the channel and group SC2Improve. The groups focus is to help players improve by providing a social aspect to Starcraft 2 as well as a place to find practice partners, discuss strategies and play in tournaments.
Open to all leagues, the tournament is about bringing people together to enjoy the game as well as to provide a sense of competition with €500 up for grabs!
€90 and 6 ZOWIE MiCOs are awarded over the 6 Qualifiers.
€410 and other TBC ZOWIE Products are spread amongst the players as seen below.
Converted USD prizes are based on the currency exchange rate (taken from xe.com) on November 6, 2014: 1 EUR = 1.23790 USD.
- The two players from the Launch Event will receive places in the Ro16.
- Six Qualifiers will be held. The winner of each qualifier will earn a place in the Ro16.
- At the end of all Qualifiers, the top 8 players on the Points Ranking will also qualify for the Ro16.
- The Ro16 will consist of 4 groups which operate using the "Winner vs Winner, Loser vs Loser" system.
- The Ro8 and on will be a single-elimination bracket with Bo5 rounds and a Bo7 final.
Qualifier Points Explanation
Everyone who plays in a qualify earns a certain amount of points depending on the position they finish in as stated below. These points add up over all qualifiers and those in the top 8 on points after all the qualifiers will qualify into the RO16.
Map Pool Details
Starting maps are decided by players vetoing from the map pool until one map remains. After this maps will be losers pick, with the winner getting 1 veto.
|Protoss (4)||Terran (3)||Zerg (9)|
Overall Points Rankings
[ Complete Qualifier Points Rankings]
|Group A Matches|
|Group B Matches|
|Group C Matches|
|Group D Matches|
- Groups will be drawn randomly in sets of 'seeds' (4 top seeds are drawn first into separate groups, and then next 4 seeds and so on).
- Seeds are determined by the way in which you qualify and then by points. Launch event players > Qualifier Winners > Qualifying through Overall Points.