- "Old Boy(s)" is a widespread Chinese pop song which communicates “the men have gorwn up, so they are old. But they still want to achieve their ambition or dreams, like boys.”SCBoy borrows the name to express their love of Starcraft/Starcraft II, their youth spent with Starcraft/Starcraft II.
- they use both of scboy and sc2boy as English name.
The group consists of the following people:
- Xiaose: One of the old-school Chinese StarCraft commentators. He has commentated many Brood War tournaments including MSL, OSL and WCG. He is now a member of NeoTV.
- F91: One of the most famous Brood War and SC2 progamers in China.
- Zhou Ning: Once a famous Chinese Warcraft III commentator, he now usually does some background works.
- Joy: Another popular SC2 commentator in China. Known for his hilarious and analytic casts, he often co-commentates with Xiaose. He left SCBoy in 2014 and turn to casting Heroes of the Storm and now is a PUBG commentator.
- F91 frequently records first person ladder matches against South Korean pros on the Korean ladder.
- Xiaose often uploads instructional build order videos and analyze match VODs of Korean players.
SCBoy organized the weekly Chinese vs South Korean Cup series, Kung Fu Cup and Joy personally sponsored the first three sessions of the cup until it gained enough popularity and became sponsored by NeoTV.
Notable Events Casted
|2020-10-11||Premier||Gold Series Team Championship 2020 Fall||Commentator||None|
|2020-08-13||Premier||Douyu Cup 2020||Host and Commentator||None|
|2020-07-19||Premier||DH SC2 Masters 2020 Summer: Season Finals||Other Language Commentator|
|2020-06-28||Premier||Gold Series Team Championship 2020 Spring||Commentator|
|2019-12-08||Premier||StarCraft II: NationWars 2019||Other Language Commentator|
|2019-10-13||Premier||China Team Championship 2019 Season 2||Commentator|
|2019-06-11||Premier||China Team Championship 2019 Season 1||Commentator|
|2018-11-25||Premier||HomeStory Cup XVIII||Other Language Commentator|
|About achievementsBroadcasts from any Tournament|
- Kung Fu Cup sponsored by NeoTV