|This strategy is for a previous expansion of the game.|
This build gets three fast Gateways after expanding in order to produce a massive amount of Gateway units before the second and third Barracks of a standard 1 Rax FE can finish. This puts the Terran behind in terms of army count and also means that they'll only have Marines to defend against the pressure with. Scouting a different opening from the Terran, especially one that includes either Siege Tanks or Banshees, is a signal to abandon the push.
This build does not follow the same timings as a standard 1 Gate FE, so pay close attention to the build order. The gas timings are particularly important.
With constant product off three Gateways, the Protoss can push against a Bunker-dependent 1 Rax FE and cause serious damage whilst securing their own natural expansion.
Basic Build Order
- Gateway Production: From your first Gateway you're going to be building 2 Zealots and 2 Sentries and a Stalker. The final Stalker should be Chronoboosted.
- Gas Timing: Once you have 16 Probes mining minerals, rally Probes straight from the Nexus into your Assimilators. Once you have 3 Probes in each Assimilator, cut Probe production until after you have expanded.
- Chronoboosts: Mainly for Probes and Warpgate Research (3) with one being used on the final Stalker.
- The Probe that builds Nexus also builds proxy Pylon(s).
- The first warp-ins for pressure are Sentries (3), then Zealots (3), then Stalkers (3). Sentries are made first so that they can build up energy before you attack.
- Scout with the Probe that makes your first Pylon so that you can check the Terran is not taking gas. This build is best used against gasless 1 Rax FE openings from your Terran opponent.
- The first and second Zealots are used to scout out the map, holding Xel'naga Towers, and ensuring you can get down a proxy Pylon. Having these Zealots out on the map should give you ample time to prepare for any type of pressure the opponent can throw at you because you should spot their pressure really early.
Replays and VODs
|| Day9 analyses SaSe's opening in this Daily, focusing especially on its potential against a 1 Rax FE
| Heart |
| Date: 2012-05-23 |
| Patch: ?
|| VOD |