- This article covers the campaign unit. For the co-op commander see Kerrigan (commander).
- This is a custom unit from the Campaign. It does not exist in standard multiplayer play.
Sarah Kerrigan is the main character in the Heart of the Swarm campaign. She is available in most missions and her abilities are simply devastating when used correctly, even on brutal difficulty. These abilities are unlocked as missions and bonus objectives are completed and they will turn the tide of almost any battle at almost any time.
The stats given are for Kerrigan at levels 1 and 70 since these are almost the only two places where she can be defined.
On top of the changes to health, damage, energy and armor that may come with each level, Kerrigan can be further customized any number of ways. Kerrigan's attack and movement speed, range, health and damage can change on or off Creep, on or off Malignant Creep, with or without Leaping Strike, under the influence of Fury etc. As a Ghost she starts with a rifle, but after Rendezvous she changes to an Energy Blast attack. As a human Kerrigan has 200 energy, but she is reborn as a Primal Zerg with 100.
When choosing which planet to visit next pay attention to the rewards listed on the Campaign Page, especially when going to Zerus. Kerrigan alone will be the difference between success and failure on Zerus and every level will count.
Whether facing Battlecruisers, Hybrids, entrenched Terran positions or even the Odin itself, Kerrigan's abilities can be thought of as a collection of "I wish they were dead" buttons. And if you press those buttons, they will be.
There are three stages to Kerrigan's journey and the abilities you have access to. Initially, the human Kerrigan can choose between two abilities at each tier. During the Supreme mission Kerrigan is reset to a primal Zerg with three abilities. After completing Supreme, Kerrigan has three choices at each tier.
The tiers offer a scale of sorts, but the "lowly" Kinetic Blast and Crushing Grip will remain staples throughout your campaign. Spawn Banelings will inherit any unit upgrades so it's recommended to choose the Splitter Strain and Corrosive Acid mutation. Kinetic Blast and Spawn Banelings then create a 1-2 punch dealing 900 damage, more with upgraded melee attacks.
Kerrigan also has economic abilities; Automated Extractors and Vespene Efficiency will be familiar to players of the Wings of Liberty campaign.
|Back in the Saddle onward.|
Go to the Kerrigan Achievements article for further information.
- Smoking Corpses (10 points) - Kill 50 enemy units or structures with Kinetic Blast. (Guide)
- Leaping Death (10 points) - Deal 15,000 damage with Leaping Strike. (Guide)
- Get a Grip (10 points) - Target and hit 150 enemy units with Crushing Grip. (Guide)
- Unchained (10 points) - Deal 5,000 damage with Chain Reaction.
- Shifted Priorities (10 points) - Deal 5,000 damage with Psionic Shift.
- Endless Swarm (10 points) - Reconstitute 500 Zergling Reconstitutions.
- Where the Wild Things Are (10 points) - Target and hit 100 friendly units with Wild Mutation.
- So Many Banelings! (10 points) - Kill 100 enemy units or structures with Spawn Banelings.
- Worker Rush (10 points) - Morph 36 set of Drones with the Twin Drones ability active.
- Surprise! (10 points) - Kill 100 enemy units with the Infest Broodlings ability active.
- To The Limit (10 points) - Maintain Kerrigan's Fury for 60 seconds with fury. (Guide)
- Spammer (10 points) - Use 4 abilities within 10 seconds with Ability Efficiency. (Guide)
- Air Drop (10 points) - Use Drop-Pods 3 times in a single mission.
- Release The Kraken (10 points) - Use a Leviathan to kill 25 enemy units or structures in a single mission.
- Apocalypse Now (10 points) - Use Apocalypse to kill 50 enemy units or structures in a single mission.
- Kerrigan Domination (20 points) - Complete all the Kerrigan achievements.