The fire-power of early Siege Tanks and mass Marines has map control and can easily setup a contain at the opposing army's main ramp. It can even outright kill plenty of tech builds before the tech finishes and becomes a threat, for example Dark Shrine and Banshee openings.
Start massing Siege Tanks early, with Marines for support and punish any fast tech or expansion build and contain the opposing natural and expand. It is more of a ladder build that prepares for a contain to negate cheese and punish early expand builds.
Basic Build Order
|Economic Expand-Friendly Build|
- Siege Tech timing is 6:30 but aim to start around 5:00-5:30.
- Expand after Siege containing the opposing player's natural.
- Off of a Gasless Expand, quickly get both Refineries. At 100 gas, build a Factory.
- Important feature is the ability to switch into a Reactor Hellion build, but this does not work well as an opening outside of TvZ. So, it is best to complete Stimpack or a Starport or Siege Tech to defend Roach Rushes, etc.
- First person tutorial - SC2OwnageShack
- GSL October Code S Final Set 1 - IM_Mvp vs. SlayerS_MMA Proxied and ends the game quickly. Uses the normal build timings though.