Follow us on Twitter @LiquipediaSC2 if you'd like to be kept up to date on all things StarCraft II!
From Liquipedia StarCraft 2 Wiki
The Star Relic was an alpha aerial support unit with offensive abilities, a pre-evolution of the Protoss Sentry. It was in development during the Wings of Liberty alpha stages but eventually got replaced by the Stasis Orb.
- The Star Relic was capable of detonating in battles and originally had the Hallucination ability
- It was able to change into stationary mode, much like the Warp Prism, and cloak nearby units and buildings in that condition
- The Star Relic was warped in at a Stargate and required a Fleet Beacon
- The name "Star Relic" was later reused for the class of Zeratul's ship in the campaign, the Void Seeker.
- The very last model - before it got taken out of the game completely - looked similar to its replacement, the Stasis Orb.