The Stasis Orb was a Protoss alpha hovering unit introduced during BlizzCon 2007. It was meant to replace the Star Relic but was nothing close to its predecessor. It originally possessed a single, passive ability, slowing down movement and fire-rate of the enemies it attacked. When its only ability got transferred over to the Terran Cobra prospects looked grim for the lacking unit. The devs made a short-lived attempt at reviving the Orb, trying out several active abilities, including Force Fields. Only two months after its introduction the Stasis Orb got removed from the game completely while Blizzard promised to promptly replace it with something better. This successor turned out to be the Nullifier.
- Introduced in August 2007 and cut in October the same year.
- The Stasis Orb was originally meant to have no active abilities.
- It replaced the Star Relic but soon got replaced itself by the Nullifier.
- Quite a few traits of its final evolution was first seen in the Stasis Orb, including its force fields and hovering movement.
- The Oracle's model is based on the Stasis Orb design.