Team Liquid SC2 Open
On September 7th, 2010, TeamLiquid announced a new series of tournaments: The TL Open, 512 player open registration StarCraft II tournaments run entirely through the website. Each event will alternate between the EU and US servers and have individual sponsors. Each event has a varying prizepool between $200 and $500. Each event has designated casters for the early stages until the Ro4 where the games will be played, then cast from Replays by DJWheat and Chill. Currently the Team Liquid Open has run four events and has just started a series of Opens sponsored by TeamSpeak 3.
On November 16th 2010, TeamLiquid announced a series of 12 events sponsored by TeamSpeak 3.0. Each tournament will have a $200 prize pool and will alternate between the EU and NA servers. The first tournament will launch on the EU server on November 27th.
Alongside the sponsorship money, TeamSpeak also provided TeamLiquid with their own TeamSpeak 3.0 server.
8 TeamSpeak Opens (starting at TL Open #8 and running until TL Open #15) were qualifiers for the 2011 Pokerstrategy.com TSL3. The winners of each event were seeded into the TSL3 and winners were ineligible to enter any of the remaining TL Opens.
Another 8 places were available from ranking points for the Top 8 non-winners. The points were assigned as follows and were not handed out retroactively:
- 2nd - 100 points
- 3rd-4th - 51 points
- 5th-8th - 26 points
- 9th-16th - 14 points
The events ran as follows: Please note that the dates do not alternate in series.
Second TeamSpeak Open Series
On June 9th, it was announced that TeamSpeak would be sponsoring another 12 events starting with TeamSpeak Open #16 on the 11th of June 2011. This TL SC2 Open Series will last 12 tournaments. Each tournament will have a prize pool of $200 and will alternate between the North America and European Battle.net servers. Players who place high in these 12 tournaments will earn points and be invited to a single day invite tournament with $1,000 in prize money.
From TL Open #18 forward, all TL SC2 Opens will take place on the NA server.
- Open registration begins Tuesdays/Thursdays before the event.
- You must have a teamliquid account to register in the tournament.
- You must specify your EU Bnet account and code #.
- Check-in starts 30 minutes before the event.
- There will be a waitlist check-in 30 minutes before the event to fill no-shows.
Format, Maps, and Rules
- Bracket will be 512 man single-elimination.
- Format will be Bo1 until Ro16. Ro16 to semis will be Bo3, and Finals will be Bo5.
- Players must report wins and upload replays between rounds.
Coverage and Observer Rules
- No observers allowed in games other than those designated by TL. No exceptions.
- TL will officially cast both semifinals and the finals.
- We may allow certain casters to cover earlier rounds.