ThorZaIN's 2-2 Bio
Opening with Marauder (1) to cover a fast expand and adding Marauder production and addition Barracks after Infantry Weapons Level 1 and Stimpack have started, Terran does a fast tech to 2-2 Infantry upgrades and then add Starport and produces heavy Barracks production on two mining bases and takes map control with a huge army size and upgrade advantage.
Stockpile the early army of Terran and make the early game a defensive tech to fast 2-2 infantry upgrades. And start taking a strong map presence after either 1-1 or 2-2 to deny any greedy expansions from Protoss.
- Short on gas? Make Marines instead of Marauders.
- Only make a total of four Medivacs or Vikings before starting 2-2.
- Start all three other Refineries with the Factory, which will be at the same time as the third set of 100 gas.
- Forge or even Double Forge builds are weak for Protoss in the early game and hitting them before 1-1 finishes or at least harassing is strongly recommended.
- Bunker and Missile Turret defenses are used for adding health and detection respectively, while massing a large bio army to punish an unsuspecting Protoss.
- Ghost Academy, and a single Starport, should be used if there are no opposing Colossus in play to further weaken the Protoss Gateway units, especially for High Templar and Sentry en masse.
- If there are opposing Colossus, two Reactored-Starports should be used solely for Vikings until Colossi numbers are reduced to zero.
- Only two noted adaptions have been:
- Five Barracks (4 Naked) before second Engineering Bay (2), this was when ThorZaIN felt that the opponent was going to be more aggressive, this held off a Void Ray/Stalker build.
- Two Starport and Ship Weapons (1) was taken when the opponent went straight for Colossus, and was overwhelmed by the huge Viking numbers
Generally has the same map strength and weaknesses as normal Bio-heavy Terran style.
- Wide open maps with multiple attack and retreat paths.
- Xel'Naga Caverns, Tal'darim Altar
- Main Base or Natural Expansions with one entrance and choke point ramp leading in make the early game easier to defend.
- Wide entrance at natural,
- LiquidTyler (P) vs Prae.ThorZaIN (T) Match 3 - TSL3 Ro16 Match 1 Double Forge vs Double E-bay anyone?
- TSL3 Ro8 Match 2 - oGsMC (P) vs Prae.ThorZaIN (T): Game 1 Game 2 Game 4
- TSL3 Grand Final - Dignitas.NaNiwa (P) vs Prae.ThorZaIN (T): Game 6 Game 7
- TL Forum Discussion of this build
- Col.Minigun (P) vs ThorZaIN (T) Fast Templar and Upgrades for Protoss, Large Ghost count used to flank the opponent