Twilight Fortress is one of the maps released with the StarCraft II beta. The Blizzard description is as follows:
This is a 2v2 map that tends to encourage longer games due to one shared choke in form of a ramp with natural expansions on the "inside".
Team play map, you share a fortress with your ally. Three paths lead to the enemy. Use high ground to hold the middle of the battlefield.
- Two high-yield expansions protected by rocks, many players also try to take and hide these expansions very early on.
- A shared choke for each team.
- Two Watch Towers hidden by brush.
- Expansions are placed in pairs on high ground to encourage players to take bases with their ally and work together to protect them.
- Allies must decide which one of them is going to take the high-yield expansion nearby, as there is only one between them.