The Warp-in Drill describes important mechanics for Protoss. Since warping in units is important for Protoss players in all leagues, this should be practiced to strive for perfection. This article describes the practice in HotS, but additions for LotV are listed below.
Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect practice makes perfect.Vince Lombardi (Wikipedia: Vince Lombardi)
Maps you could use
- Arcade: NeoMT-Proberto Frost (LotV)
- Arcade: NeoMT-Proberto LOTV (LotV)
- Arcade: NeoMT-Proberto (Multitask) (HotS)
- Arcade: Any "Unit Test Map" which supports a large field.
Simple Warp-in Drill
- Warp-in Camera: Jump to a location for your Warp-in Pylon, using a Camera hotkey like .
- Select Warp Gates: Using a Control Group or (Standard) or (Grid).
- Warp in units.
- Add your army to a Control Group: If you use for your army, select all units (warping in). Use + to add them in this Control Group.
- Chrono Boost Camera: Jump to a location using Camera hotkeys or Control Group, e.g. to your Forge or Stargate.
- Select your Nexi: You should have all your Nexi on a Control Group.
- Chrono Boost
- Cameras: Jump to your base, where you want to build Pylons.
- Build Pylon(s): Build 2 Pylons if you have 2 saturated bases, 1 per base.
- A-Move into the "Zone Of Death" using the minimap.