World Cyber Games 2011: United States Qualifiers
From Liquipedia StarCraft 2 Wiki
World Cyber Games USA 2011
- Best of Three.
- Best of Five in top 16 bracket.
- Winner of top 16 bracket from each qualifier will go to national finals.
Source: WCG SC2 Rules
- Match Creation and Map Selection
- The higher seeded player (listed on tournament bracket) will start a custom match and invite the lower seeded player to join via Battle.net's party and create custom game functionality
- The game will start on the map listed on the tournament bracket. The loser of the first game will pick the next map. If necessary, the loser of the second game will pick the last map.
- Matches are to be played on US Battle.net accounts only, on US servers only.
- Race Selection
- Players can choose any race to play before the start of a match (includes random)
- Once a race has been declared it cannot be changed throughout the duration of the match (all three maps) without the consent of both players; races cannot be changed between maps
- If both players cannot agree who will disclose their race first, the lower seeded player will first disclose their race to the higher seeded player
- Tournament Guidelines
- Non-standard game settings or third party applications that affect game play are not permitted
- Any use of game exploits, cheats, or any other play deemed “unfair” by an admin may result in disciplinary action up to and including disqualification from the tournament
- All players must save game replays and end-of-game score screen shots; in the event of a dispute, these assets will be used as evidence to determine the result of the dispute
- All players must be on Battle.net and ready to play 15 minutes prior to their scheduled match time
- Any intentional abuse of "pause" during a game by a player on the server will be result in disciplinary action to be decided by an administrator
- If a match disconnection occurs by either party within the first minute of a map, the map is to be restarted
- If a match disconnection occurs during game-play, and an administrator is to be contacted immediately to make a ruling as to whether or not the match should be replayed or a forefeit loss should be awarded.
- Forfeits, Disputes, and Support
- If your opponent does not show up within a 15 minute grace period after the original scheduled match time, you may report a forfeit win
- If you have wrongly been awarded a forfeit loss, you may challenge it within 2 hours of the originally scheduled match time, after which time your dispute will be discarded
- If both players agree to reschedule the match within 22 hours of the original match time, both teams must alert an administrator and have the reschedule approved
- If no match has been reported within 2 hours of the scheduled match time and no support tickets have been opened, the higher seeded player as listed on the tournament bracket will be advanced by default
- Any disconnection issues that cannot be resolved by the players in the match must be brought to the attention of an admin immediately
- Once the match starts, players will not be able to dispute a match on the grounds of match settings
- All match disputes must be filed within 10 minutes after the match’s conclusion, and must include replays and screenshots if applicable
- Methods of contacting an admin include filing a support ticket on the Support page
- Rule Changes
- The Administrators reserve the right to modify the rules as needed. This includes changes due to software updates or releases, event organizer decisions and all other changes deemed necessary to run a successful tournament. Players are responsible to check the rules on a regular basis and prior to the event to ensure they are in complete compliance. *Players must understand that rules listed are guidelines to ensure fair and competitive play and are subject to interpretation by the administrators based on the spirit of the game.
Note: The WCG USA qualifiers system does not report walkovers. Any 2-0's may be a walkover.
|Protoss (3)||Terran (2)||Zerg (3)|