Though their numbers are few, the seasoned Blademasters represent an elite fighting force within the Horde. These skilled swordsmen were once part of the ill-fated Burning Blade Clan which consumed itself in the throes of Demonic corruption. With their Clan scattered and broken, the proud Blademasters swore a grim oath to free themselves and their brethren from Demonic control once and for all. Under Thrall's command, the Blademasters have once again joined the Horde and serve as the young Warchief's personal honor guard.
The Blademaster is a favorite Hero of many Orc commanders. The Blademaster is one of the most powerful melee Heroes when combined with Wind Walk and Critical Strike. Blademasters can quickly destroy enemy units and buildings when they are powered up with items and levels. The Blademaster's greatest advantage is Wind Walk which can allow him to go invisible and run away when he's about to die or sneak into enemy towns. Mirror Image confuses the enemy and focuses their attention on fake copies of the Blademaster. Critical Strike allows the Blademaster to do very high damage attacks. The Blademaster's Bladestorm ultimate ability can do serious damage.
There are many point spending strategies with the Blademaster. Typically players first place points in Wind Walk and then place points in Critical Strike. But other players who wish to confuse the enemy sometimes place their first point in Wind Walk then follow in Critical Strike.
Buy up items at the Goblin Merchant and Marketplace to further enhance the Blademaster's power.
- Use Wind Walk to get away when the Blademaster is about to die. Use Wind Walk to scout the map without being attacked. You can walk into an enemy town, look around, then leave.
- Use Wind Walk to sneak into an enemy town or upon stopped collections of enemy units and do a Bladestorm.
- Wind Walk can be used for soloing Creeps at the start of the game. A cool trick is to run into a group of Creeps, kill the leader to get the best items, grab the items, then go invisible using Wind Walk.
- The Blademaster can use Wind Walk early in the game to use Fountains of Health, Fountains of Mana, or other Neutral buildings while they are still being defended by Creeps.
- The Blademaster can wake up a bunch of Creeps, and then lead them to the enemy. The Blademaster can then use Wind Walk to become invisible giving the Creeps a new target, that enemy player.
- Wind Walk can be used to walk through units.
- Usually this spell should be picked last
- There are few players that pass up Critical Strike. Critical Strike can allow for some very high damage attacks as the Blademaster gets equipment and levels.
- Red numbers will float around the Blademaster indicating that you have made a Critical Strike and how much damage that Critical Strike was.
- Critical Strike calculation: (Avg Damage + Item Damage)*Critical Multiplier = Total Damage
- Critical Strike does not work on buildings.
- Critical Strike does not receive damage from the Keeper of the Grove's Thorns Aura. However, the Blademaster's base attack associated with a Critical Strike still interacts with Thorns appropriately.
- The Blademaster is not invulnerable while casting Bladestorm, but has Spell Immunity.
Bladestorm does equal damage to all of the units in its area.
- Bladestorm is great against low hit point buildings such as Towers and Farms. Use it on a group of lined up buildings to quickly destroy them. You can use them on any buildings you want to kill quickly.
- It's best to use Bladestorm against units that are all lined up. The enemy will typically (if they are good) start running away from the Bladestorm which means you will have to control it very carefully so the Blademaster is always attacking something.
- Before using Bladestorm make sure there isn't anything in the way that will prevent the Blademaster from reaching the enemy while he's doing his Bladestorm. A common mistake is to cast Bladestorm then to become trapped, unable to reach the enemy before the timer runs out.
|Balance Patch History|
|Patch Version||Balance Changes|
- 2019-05-26 | Farseer vs Blademaster by Cepheid of Warcraft3.info