These ancient, evil behemoths were once the mighty kings of the subterranean spider kingdom of Azjol-Nerub. Though the Nerubians fell before the wrath of the Lich King during the fabled War of the Spider, the insidious Crypt Lords were swayed over to the Lich King's ranks and granted considerable power and the immortality of undeath. Now the giant, thundering beasts serve as the Lich King's mightiest warriors and the guardians of the Scourge's holdings in Northrend.
A warrior Hero, adept at summoning insect minions and crushing enemies. Betraying the Nerubian people, the Crypt Lords have sacrificed the lifeblood of thousands to bolster the Undead armies of Ner'zhul, winning an eternal life of servitude in his name. Attacks land units.
- Line up the enemy units to get the best results.
- This ability is useful for making the Crypt Lord tougher and returns damage to attackers
- These guys do not have a timer. All Carrion Beetles will remain when the Crypt Lord that summons them dies.
- Locust Swarm is kind of similar to Protoss Carriers in StarCraft. Once "launched" the Locust Swarm will follow the Crypt Lord where he walks, heading out in an area around the Crypt Lord.
- 20 Locusts are released. 0.2 second delay between releasing each Locust.
- Up to 7 Locusts can target an enemy unit at the same time. Fraction of damage dealt by Locusts that will be returned and collected by Crypt Lord: 0.75.
- The Locust must collect 20 hit points before returning it to the Crypt Lord.
|Balance Patch History|
|Patch Version||Balance Changes|
|1.32.8|| Carrion Beetles mana cost increased from 45 to 50.|
Carrion Beetles hit points reduced from 170/330/490 to 170/275/410.
|1.32.6|| Impale can no longer be interrupted. Units knocked airborne can now take damage and be attacked.|
Crypt Lord cast point increased from 0.4 to 0.5.
Carrion Beetles mana cost increased from 30 to 45. Now spawns 2 beetles at a time, up from 1. Maximum beetles increased from 5 to 6. Cooldown increased from 6 seconds to 9 seconds.
|1.29.0|| Crypt Lord's movement speed increased from 270 to 290.|
Carrion Beetles movement speed increased from 270 to 290, and HP increased from 140/275/410 to 170/330/490.
Impale damage increased from 50/80/110 to 75/120/165.
|1.15|| Level-2 Carrion Beetles are now the same size as Ghouls, instead of the same size as Crypt Fiends. Level-3 Carrion Beetles are now the same size as Crypt Fiends, instead of the same size as Abominations.|
|1.10||Impale area of effect width reduced to 250 from 300.|