These ancient, evil behemoths were once the mighty kings of the subterranean spider kingdom of Azjol-Nerub. Though the Nerubians fell before the wrath of the Lich King during the fabled War of the Spider, the insidious Crypt Lords were swayed over to the Lich King's ranks and granted considerable power and the immortality of undeath. Now the giant, thundering beasts serve as the Lich King's mightiest warriors and the guardians of the Scourge's holdings in Northrend.
A warrior Hero, adept at summoning insect minions and crushing enemies. Betraying the Nerubian people, the Crypt Lords have sacrificed the lifeblood of thousands to bolster the Undead armies of Ner'zhul, winning an eternal life of servitude in his name. Attacks land units.
- Line up the enemy units to get the best results. Impale is like a combined War Stomp and Shockwave.
- Impale can interrupt spells like Starfall or Mass Teleport from a long distance.
- This ability, combined with the Crypt Lord's naturally high HP, makes him very tough to take down, especially with melee attacks.
- Unlike most summoned units, the beetles have an unlimited lifespan. Carrion Beetles persist even if the Crypt Lord dies.
- Bring a Rod of Necromancy along and your Crypt Lord will generate more units than any other hero at low levels. In many cases, you can get an edge over your opponent by defeating creep camps that would be too powerful for any other low-level heroes to attempt.
- Level 2 or 3 Carrion Beetles can burrow and become invisible. Hide a beetle at a remote Gold Mine to secretly find out when an opponent starts to build an expansion there, or keep one near a Goblin Laboratory or Mercenary Camp to use them even when your army is far away.
- Carrion Beetles disappear into the earth and do not leave a corpse when killed. This means the Crypt Lord cannot recycle his Carrion Beetles when they die.
- Locust Swarm is kind of similar to Protoss Carriers in StarCraft. Once "launched" the Locust Swarm will follow the Crypt Lord where he walks, heading out in an area around the Crypt Lord.
- 20 Locusts are released. 0.2 second delay between releasing each Locust.
- Up to 7 Locusts can target an enemy unit at the same time. Fraction of damage dealt by Locusts that will be returned and collected by Crypt Lord: 0.75.
- The Locust must collect 20 hit points before returning it to the Crypt Lord.
|Balance Patch History|
|Patch Version||Balance Changes|