Damage per Second
Damage per Second (DPS) is a measure of how much damage a single unit or a group of units can deal in a certain time.
- DPS = total damage dealt/
Often times dps only refers to the damage dealt by attacks and is more important than attack damage, as it also considers attack speed.
Heroes and Items
The following table illustrates the absolute (+) and relative (%) increase of DPS common items have on heroes at different hero levels. In can be sorted for each item to compare the effectiveness on different heroes.
- Hero Level 1
- Hero Level 2
- Hero Level 3
- Hero Level 4
- Hero Level 5
- Hero Level 6
- Hero Level 7
- Hero Level 8
- Hero Level 9
- Hero Level 10
- The Cannon Tower has the highest dps of all Human units without upgrades, followed by the Guard Tower
- The Watch Tower has the highest dps of all Orc units without upgrades, followed by the Wind Rider
Only Taurens with Pulverize and at least 2 attack upgrades have more dps against single targets.
- The Gargoyle has the highest dps of all Undead units and the Frost Wyrm has the highest dps of all Undead units against ground units
- The Hippogryph has the highest dps of all units and the Chimaera has highest dps of all Night Elf units against ground units
With 3 attack upgrades the Chimaera has the highest dps of all units against ground units. This means, that Night Elf has the highest dps units against ground and air units.