Demon Hunters are dark, shadowy warriors who are shunned by the greater Night Elf society. They made a pact, long ago, to fight against the forces of chaos using its own terrible powers against it. These mysterious warriors ritually blind themselves so that they develop 'spectral sight' that enables them to see demons and undead with greater clarity. They wield demonically charged warblades in battle and even call upon demonic energies to augment their formidable combat skills. Although they are counted as some of the mightiest warriors within the Night Elves' society, the Demon Hunters are always maligned and misunderstood for making their selfless pact with darkness.
The Demon Hunter is one of the toughest melee Heroes and also has the Mana Burn ability, which instantly takes away mana from enemy Heroes that could be otherwise used against you. Mana Burn also damages the health of the enemy Hero that softens them up for you to finish off. The Demon Hunter can remove 150 Mana with level 3 Mana Burn. The Demon Hunter can also use Evasion to reduce the amount of damage received and can later become very powerful with Metamorphosis.
The Demon Hunter is very good at Creeping at the start of the game. Use him to take out powerful Item dropping Creeps, grab the item and run back to Moon Wells for healing. You can even lead Creeps back to the Moon Wells and fight them there. You can even use Mana Burn against Creeps with Mana depending on the map.
The Demon Hunter is one of the best Heroes to have when the enemy Hero rushes you at the start of the game. When the enemy comes in you can Mana Burn them and that will greatly reduce the amount of damage they can do against you. You can also combine with Wisp Detonate to further take away more Mana. You can refill the Demon Hunter with the Moon Wells and continue to use Mana Burn. The Demon Hunter is weak against Dread Lord's Sleep and the Keeper of the Grove's Entangle but can use units to wake him from Sleep and can use Moon Wells to heal after Entangling Roots. In a duel with a Dread Lord using Sleep it's important to Mana Burn him before he can put you to Sleep. Wake up your Demon Hunter with an Archer or Huntress if he puts you to sleep. The Demon Hunter is also slightly weak to the Mountain King's Storm Bolt but can also use Moon Wells in defense and Mana Burn.
The Demon Hunter becomes very powerful with Metamorphosis. He receives a 500 hit point bonus, splash damage, and faster Hit Point Regeneration. His attack range also increases to a long range and his damage type changes to Chaos Damage. Chaos damage does full damage against all types of armor. It might be best to run away until the Metamorphosis wears off when facing him in this form.
- Mana Burn is best used against enemy Heroes. You can also use Mana Burn against annoying enemy spellcasters such as Priests, Sorceresses, or Shamans.
- If you use this ability against enemy Heroes you will not get the full amount of damage due to Hero Magic Resistance. Some Creeps and units also have resistances to this ability.
- Make sure you check the Mana of the enemy unit before using this ability. If they are low on Mana, don't use Mana Burn.
- Since Immolation damages nearby units, try to position the Demon Hunter so that Immolation is hitting as many units as possible.
- Immolation drains mana while it is being used so make sure you turn it off when you do not need it to conserve mana.
- Evasion is a very powerful ability because it allows the Demon Hunter to avoid attacks and take no damage. You should always try to max this ability.
- This ability is very powerful because it increases the Demon Hunter's hit points by 500 and gives him very fast hit point regeneration. He can also attack with a ranged splash damage attack. You should use this ability in heavy combat whenever possible.
|Balance Patch History|
|Patch Version||Balance Changes|
|1.31.0|| Mana Burn mana cost reduced from 60 to 50 across all levels.|
|1.30.0|| Metamorphosis duration reduced from 60 to 45.|
Demon Hunter base Agility reduced from 22 to 21.
|1.29.0|| Mana Burn mana cost increased from 50 to 60 across all levels.|
|1.10|| Mana Burn cooldown is now 7/6/5 seconds by level, down from 7/7/7 seconds by level.|
|1.04|| Mana Burn mana cost reduced to 50 from 75.|
Mana Burn cooldown reduced to 7 from 9.
Mana Burn drain amount reduced to 50/100/150 from 100/200/300.
Metamorphosis cooldown increased to 180 from 120.
|1.03||Mana Burn no longer affects units with Mana Burn (Demon Hunters, Satyr Soulstealers, Felhounds, etc.).|