Far Seers are ancient Orcs who represent the pinnacle of Shamanistic power. These powerful Shamans are counted amongst Thrall's closest advisors and are constantly in tune with the workings and maneuverings of the Horde. Far Seers are not only tied to the elements of the earth and sky, but are also adept at foretelling the future.
- Chain Lightning is a very powerful spell. Far Seers should research it and use it whenever possible. Use Chain Lightning especially against ranged units and spellcasters.
- Chain Lightning will now jump to sleeping targets if the primary target is also asleep.
- Use Feral Spirits at the start of the game to help you attack the Creeps.
- Send two Feral Spirits in separate directions and use them to scout enemy towns for their location and race. As the Spirit Wolf enters the town attack their buildings or workers. If the enemy isn't smart they may even teleport back to their town to defend it.
- Use Earthquakes on large groups of towers, typically created at the end of the game.
- Earthquakes can be used to clear away large sections of trees.
- Earthquake brings units to a minimum speed of 140. Earthquake does not slow air units. Earthquake's slow area is 250 (2500 in-game).
|Balance Patch History|
|Patch Version||Balance Changes|
|1.29|| Spirit Wolf HP increased from 200 to 250, and Dire Wolf from 300 to 350.|
The damage reduction on each new target of a Chain Lightning spell is reduced from 0.15 to 0.1. The spell therefore deals more damage to later targets than before. On level 1, the chain now deals 85/77/69/62 damage, increased from 85/72/61/52.
Far Sight now cost 0 mana.
The unit level of Dire Wolf reduced from 4 to 3, and Shadow Wolf from 5 to 4. Experience given by Feral Spirit units are thus reduced from 40/85/115 to 40/60/85.
Far Sight now has a cooldown of 60s/45s/30s
|1.25b|| Spirit Wolf unit level decreased from 3 to 2|
|1.17|| Chain Lightning will now jump to sleeping targets if the primary target is also asleep.|
Experience granted for killing the Spirit Wolves summoned by the spell Feral Spirit increased by approximately 40%.
|1.15|| Feral Spirit cooldown increased from 25 to 30.|
|1.13|| Shadow Wolves (Level-3 Feral Spirit) now have 500 hit points, up from 400 hit points.|
Spirit Wolves (Level-1 Feral Spirit) now move at speed 320, down from speed 350.
|1.10|| Feral Spirit mana cost reduced to 75 from 100 and cooldown increased to 25 from 15.|
Chain Lightning base damage reduced to 85/125/180 from 100/140/180.