Long ago, when the world was in a state of constant turmoil, the Elementals (Earth, Wind, Fire and Water) faithfully served their Old-God masters. When the Old Gods were defeated by the coming of the Titans, the Elementals were banished to an alternate plane of existence. Over time the world became Azeroth, where Human wizards learned how to call back the Elementals through the art of summoning. The Firelord is one of these liberated Elementals. Consumed by hatred for all organic life, he roams the world he once called home, sewing chaos, wreaking vengeance, and inflicting pain with extreme prejudice
The Firelord is a new Hero added in August, 2004. Try him out!
- Soul Burn is a versatile spell. Its primary use is to disable and kill heroes, but it can also be used to debuff powerful units like Frost Wyrms and Tauren, and to pick off fleeing units.
- This ability can be used to interrupt spells.
- Lava Spawn can be used to creep efficiently, as well as to stage a rush if you can get a large enough pack of Lava Spawns while creeping near an enemy base.
- Lava Spawns require 15 successful attacks to split. Lava Spawns darken each time they split. Each level of Lava Spawn has the same starting color.
- Incinerate can be used two ways. The first style is to use it to attack weak units, causing them to damage nearby units. If you switch targets correctly, you can get many explosions in a single battle. The other style is to focus it exclusively on high hit point units and heroes, allowing the cumulative damage to really add up. This style is also useful against worker units.
- Incinerate’s explosion only hurts hostile units.
- Volcano is typically used to destroy bases, but it can also be used against clustered units, or if you are really desperate, to disrupt channel spells
|Balance Patch History|
|Patch Version||Balance Changes|
|1.31.0|| Soul Burn mana cost reduced from 85 to 65.|
Soul Burn damage reduced from 125/270/450 to 80/200/340.
|1.29.0|| Incinerate duration increased from 2 to 4 seconds. Bonus damage multiplier increased from 1/2/3 to 2/3/4. Damage Death Full Area increased from 90 to 120, and Half Area from 180 to 240.|
Soul Burn duration increased from 14/16/18 seconds to 16/18/20 seconds on units, and from 6/7/8 seconds to 7/8/9 seconds on heroes. The total damage is increased from 100/225/375 to 125/270/450. In damage per second the corresponding old values were 7.14/14.06/20.83, and the new 7.81/15/22.5.
|1.18|| Incinerate can now be turned on or off. When turned on, it consumes 6 mana per attack. It is otherwise unchanged.|
Lava Spawns now require 15 attacks to replicate, up from 14.
|1.17|| Channeling ultimates now cancel invulnerability. If an invulnerability spell is used while channeling, channeling will end.|
Two new Neutral Heroes, the Firelord and the Goblin Alchemist, have been added to the game.