Long ago, when the world was in a state of constant turmoil, the Elementals (Earth, Wind, Fire and Water) faithfully served their Old-God masters. When the Old Gods were defeated by the coming of the Titans, the Elementals were banished to an alternate plane of existence. Over time the world became Azeroth, where Human wizards learned how to call back the Elementals through the art of summoning. The Firelord is one of these liberated Elementals. Consumed by hatred for all organic life, he roams the world he once called home, sewing chaos, wreaking vengeance, and inflicting pain with extreme prejudice
The Firelord is a new Hero added in August, 2004. Try him out!
- Soul Burn is a versatile spell. Its primary use is to disable and kill heroes, but it can also be used to debuff powerful units like Frost Wyrms and Tauren, and to pick off fleeing units.
- This ability can be used to interrupt spells.
- Lava Spawn can be used to creep efficiently, as well as to stage a rush if you can get a large enough pack of Lava Spawns while creeping near an enemy base.
- Lava Spawns require 15 successful attacks to split. Lava Spawns darken each time they split. Each level of Lava Spawn has the same starting color.
- Incinerate can be used two ways. The first style is to use it to attack weak units, causing them to damage nearby units. If you switch targets correctly, you can get many explosions in a single battle. The other style is to focus it exclusively on high hit point units and heroes, allowing the cumulative damage to really add up. This style is also useful against worker units.
- Incinerate’s explosion only hurts hostile units.
- Volcano is typically used to destroy bases, but it can also be used against clustered units, or if you are really desperate, to disrupt channel spells