The vast ranks of the Alliance armies have diminished over the years due to the incessant infighting amongst the former Alliance nations. However, many of the strong-hearted citizens of Azeroth have volunteered to defend their lands as Footmen. Though these fierce warriors lack the shining plate mail and specialized training of their noble predecessors, they still fight with bravery and honor on the field of battle.
Spells & Abilities
- Defend reduces 50% of all piercing damage. Defend only reduces Pierce damage, not all ranged attacks. The Footman can stay in defend mode as long as he wants and can cancel back to normal mode at any time.
- Defend does not reflect attacks to buildings, and its chance of reflection against units is 30%.
- Defend has no effect on Night Elf Huntresses.
- Make sure you turn off Defend when you're done. Don't walk around like a newbie in Defend mode as you move across the map. Instead move in and out of Defend as appropriate to the battle situation.
- Use Defend to assault enemy bases with towers! It works against towers and defensive structures like Orc Burrows. Research Defend when you're facing ranged units or when you might be assaulting a base.
Research Cost: gold=150/lumber=100
Researched At: Barracks
Upgrade Time: 45 seconds
Effect: Pierce damage reduced by 50%, movement speed reduced 30%, 30% chance of reflection