Golden Championship Series 2016 Fall Season (2v2 tournament)
The Golden Championship Series 2016 Spring Season (2v2) is organized by Blizzard Entertainment's Chinese partner : NetEase, played at Shanghai, offline. Like the first installment, the 8 best players of the 2v2 ladder season are invited.
Format and dates
Two qualifiers for four slots each :
The groupstage is played online, 8 teams are divived into two groups of four teams each :
- double elimination bracket,
- all matches are best-of-3,
- top 2 advance to the playoffs.
- group A matches played on november 21st,
- group B matches played on november 22nd.
The playoffs are played offline, in Shanghai, the :
- 4 teams in a double elimination bracket :
- earlier rounds are best-of-three,
- Grand Final is a best-of-five.
- semi-finals : december 17th,
- losers' round 1 & winner final : december 18th,
- losers' final : december 31st,
- Grand Final : january 1st.
¥ 57,000 ( ≃ $ 8,207) are spread among the players as seen below :
|Place||$ USD||¥ CNY||Players|
according to xe.com conversion rate on 2017-01-01 (¥ 1 ≃ $ 0.14399).
- Moon & Lyn are not able to attend the tournament and will be replaced by Yumiko & WFZ