From Liquipedia Warcraft Wiki
1800 / 800
HP Regen.: (+2.00 on Blight)
22 - 28
35 - 41
52 - 58
During his mortal life as the Warchief of the Orcish Horde of Draenor; Ner'zhul commanded a number of Orcish Warlocks and Shamans. Yet, when these wicked sorcerers were captured by Kil'jaeden and the Legion after the destruction of Draenor, they were transformed into twisted aberrations of their former selves. These Liches possessed tremendous magical powers, yet their immortal, undead bodies were bound to the iron will of Ner'zhul. Since the Liches showed unswerving loyalty to their master, Ner'zhul granted them control over the furious elements of the cold north. Now, Liches wield frost magic along with their own considerable necromantic spells.
The Lich is a great first or second Hero mainly for his Frost Nova ability. Frost Nova is one of the uber abilities in the game, especially when combined with the Archmage's Brilliance Aura, Mana Potions, or Dark Ritual. Frost Armor can be useful on allied Heroes, Abominations, or Frost Wyrms. Dark Ritual is rarely used but is very powerful in a skilled player's hands. Dark Ritual works very well with Necromancers because the Lich can sacrifice Skeleton Warriors. Death and Decay can be used to attack tightly packed enemy buildings or towers.
The Lich is a very fragile caster like the Human Archmage. He can easily and quickly be killed. You can attempt to counter that by casting Frost Armor on him or healing him with Death Coil. The most common way to protect him is to do a lot of running away and never get close to enemy ranged or melee units whenever possible.
Spells and Abilities
Blasts enemy units around a target enemy unit with a wave of damaging frost that slows movement and attack rate.
- People pick the Lich just for the Frost Nova ability. It is a very powerful ability that is up there with Chain Lightning. Frost Nova can take a chunk out of enemy units and destroy low hit point units such as ranged units and spell casters. The second benefit of Frost Nova is that it slows enemy units so it's great to use when they are trying to run away.
- Use Dark Ritual so you can get more Mana to cast Frost Nova.
Creates a shield of frost around a target friendly unit. The shield adds armor and slows melee units that attack it.
- Frost Armor is useful for protecting allied Heroes and the Lich itself, who is frail without Frost Armor active.
- Frost Armor can be auto-cast, but savvy enemies can exploit this behavior to quickly drain the Lich of its mana by forcing Frost Armor on low quality targets. Good players manually cast Frost Armor on units that are under attack from melee enemies in order to get the most value for the mana spent.
- Frost Armor only slows units that strike with a melee attack. Use Frost Armor to slow down the movement speed of melee units trying to finish off your retreating warriors.
- Putting one point in Frost Armor gives extraordinary bang for the buck. Even at spell level 1, Frost Armor reduces damage output of melee attackers by over 50% due to the armor increase and attack speed slow. The second and third point in Frost Armor do not give nearly as much of a damage reduction boost as the first point.
Sacrifices a target friendly Undead unit to convert its hit points into mana for the Lich.
- Bring along a Rod of Necromancy or Necromancer to make Skeletons for your Lich to convert into mana. Carrion Beetles are also a good target if you have a Crypt Lord.
- Use Dark Ritual when one of your powerful units is about to be killed in order to deny your enemy the XP from the kill, but keep in mind that using Dark Ritual on a low HP unit will decrease the mana you receive.
Death and Decay
Damages everything in its area of effect by 4% of its base hit points per second.
- Death and Decay is useful for attacking enemy towns when they have packed their buildings very tightly. You can then destroy a lot of buildings and greatly damage the enemy. Death and Decay is also useful against people who build a lot of towers.
- Death and Decay can be used to clear away trees, as they are instantly destroyed by Death and Decay.
|Balance Patch History|