Mana can be lost by a lot of sources. Most of the times Mana is spent in order to cast a certain ability. However it is also possible to drain Mana from other units.
- Abilities: Fixed amount on casting the ability.
- Immolation: Permanently while toggled.
- Mana Shield: When taking damage while toggled.
Varying Mana Costs
- Replenish Mana and Life: Mana cost depend on the replenished Hit Points and Mana
- Essence of Blight: Mana cost depend on number of affected targets.
- Spirit Touch: Mana cost depend on number of affected targets.
- Mana Shield: Mana cost depend on the amount of damage taken.
- Control Magic: Mana cost depend on Hit Points of the target.
Mana can be gained by a lot of sources. Most units with Mana have a natural regeneration, that restores Mana over time. The Destroyer is the only unit with negative Mana regeneration and the Moon Well only regenerates Mana during the night.
- Natural regeneration
- Mana Stone's passive and Sobi Mask
- Brilliance Aura
- Spirit Touch
- Lesser Clarity Potion
- Replenishment Potion
- Fountain of Mana
- Potion of Mana
- Scroll of Restoration
- Potion of Restoration
- Potion of Greater Mana
- Mana Stone's active
Increasing the maximum amount of Mana of a unit does not change its relative Mana. This means, that gaining Mana is more efficient while maximum Mana is low and losing Mana is less harming while maximum Mana is high.
It is therefore recommended to drop items, that increase the maximum Mana while the unit's Mana is restored. The absolute bonus Mana by doing so is given by
- regenerated Mana · Bonus through item