Movement Speed is a measure of how fast a unit, hero or ancient moves.
The movement speed can be reduced, if the unit or hero is Slowed.
Movement Speed Table
|Very Slow||0 - 175|
|Slow||176 - 220|
|Normal||221 - 280|
|Fast||281 - 350|
|Very Fast||> 350|
Hero Movement Speed
|Average (290)||Mountain King||Tauren Chieftain||Dreadlord||Naga Sea Witch|
|Fast (300)||Blood Mage||Pit Lord|
|Fast (320)||Archmage||Demon Hunter||Blademaster||Death Knight||Dark Ranger|
|Keeper of the Grove||Far Seer||Firelord|
|Priestess of the Moon||Shadow Hunter||Beastmaster|
- All Night Elf Heroes are fast (320).
- All Agility Heroes are fast (320).
- All "mounted" Heroes are fast (320).
- Most Strength and Intelligence Heroes are Average (290) with the exception of Death Knight, Beastmaster and Keeper of the Grove having a movement speed of 320 and Pit Lord and Blood Mage having a movement speed of 300.
Movement Speed Limit
Most units have their movement speed capped at 400. Abilities and items cannot increase a unit's movement speed over that limit. For example Unholy Aura can raise Gargoyle's movement speed only up to 400.
There are two exception to this rule:
Both have a maximum movement speed of 522.
- Chemical Rage doesn't increase Alchemist's Movement Speed and Attack Speed. In fact the Alchemist is only replaced by a unit with a higher base movement and attack speed. This also means that the +60 movement speed bonus from Boots of Speed is not affected by the +40% movement speed of Chemical rage but rather added to the new base movement speed of 406.
Status Effects affecting Movement Speed