The reclusive Night Elves were the first race to awaken in the World of Warcraft. These shadowy, immortal beings were the first to study magic and let it loose throughout the world nearly ten thousand years before Warcraft I. The Night Elves' reckless use of magic drew the Burning Legion into the world and led to a catastrophic war between the two titanic races. The Night Elves barely managed to banish the Legion from the world, but their wondrous homeland was shattered and drowned by the sea. Ever since, the Night Elves refused to use magic for fear that the dreaded Legion would return. The Night Elves closed themselves off from the rest of the world and remained hidden atop their holy mountain of Hyjal for many thousands of years. As a race, Night Elves are typically honorable and just, but they are very distrusting of the 'lesser races' of the world. They are nocturnal by nature and their shadowy powers often elicit the same distrust that they have for their mortal neighbors.
- Several buildings of the Night Elves are actually sentient trees that can move. These buildings can be uprooted with the Uproot command, and moved around at will. When walking they can attack land units, but they cannot engage in their normal activities, such as receiving resources or creating units. To return to building form, they must re-root themselves. Ancients can eat trees to restore their hit points.
- Night Elf females possess the Shadowmeld ability. This enables them to turn invisible when they are not moving or attacking. Shadowmeld only operates during nighttime.
- Night Elves can be upgraded to see as adeptly in darkness as they do in daylight. This ability is called Ultravision.
- The Moon Wells of the Night Elves, in addition to providing food, have mana reserves that can be used to restore the hit points and mana of nearby Night Elf units.
- Night Elves do not use up trees as they harvest them allowing Wisps to stay in place.
- Night Elves, with their Archers, are very effective against air units.
From Ancient of Wind
From Ancient of Lore
|Main Building||Tree of Life|
|Food Supply||Moon Well|
|Altar||Altar of Elders|
|Shop||Ancients Of Wonders|
|Tier 1 Production||Ancient Of War|
|Tier 2 Production||Ancient Of Wind|
|Tier 2 Production||Ancient Of Lore|
|Tier 3 Production||Chimaera Roost|
- 2018-03-05 | How To Basic: Night Elf by RehcraM of Warcraft3.info