Pro Gamer League Season II
Round Robin (Bo3)
Single Elimination (Bo5)
The second Warcraft III season of the Professional Gaming League (PGL) will take place from January 20 to January 27 in Beijing, China. Ten world famous invitees and six Chinese that qualified the hard way will gather to fight for a total prize purse of €13,000.
The tournament system of the first season was very entertaining and exciting for the audience, but it was a huge challenge to players' physical strength as they had to go through many intensive games each day. In this time, the system was adjusted to put less strain on the participants.
$19,410 USD are spread among the players as seen below:
|Place||$ USD||¥ CNY||Player||Team|
|1st||$11,091||¥ 80,000||Moon||Meet Your Makers|
|2nd||$5,545||¥ 40,000||Sky||World Elite|
|3rd||$2,772||¥ 20,000||Sweet||Beijing E-sports Team|
|5th-6th||-||-||FoV||Beijing E-sports Team|
USD conversion based on exchange rate from xe.com on 2008-01-27 $1.00 USD ~= CN¥7 *
|Human (5)||Orc (4)||Undead (2)||Night Elf (5)|
- Twelve players will be randomly drawn into four groups while four Chinese invitees: Sky, xiaOt, TH000 and Fly100% will go to different groups as top seeds.
- The group stage will use best of three format and double elimination system.
- The winner of upper bracket in group stage advances to the actual quarter-finals while the loser of upper bracket and winner of lower bracket go to the revival playoff.
- Revival playoff decides which four players out of eight will advance to the actual quarter-finals.
- Both revival playoff and the actual quarter-finals will be double elimination.
- All matches will use the best of three format.
- For finale stage - Single Elimination best of five format.