Priestess of the Moon
The fearless leaders of the Sentinel army, the Priestesses of the Moon epitomize the power and grace of their race's ancient Moon Goddess, Elune. The Priestesses, equipped with silvery, glowing armor, ride the fearless Frostsaber tigers of Winterspring into battle. Charged with the safekeeping of the night elf lands and armed with magical energy bows - the Priestesses will stop at nothing to rid their ancient land of evil.
The Priestess is great at delivering killing blows using Searing Arrow to enemy Heroes or units running away. The Priestess is also good for her Trueshot Aura, which adds damage to ranged units. She becomes even more effective when sharing the Aura with multiple allied teammates to increase the damage of their ranged units as well. If the Priestess of the Moon is able to reach level 6 and Starfall she becomes a huge powerhouse. While good enemy players can cancel the Starfall shortly after it begins, against lesser players and with allied support you can kill plenty of enemy units with Starfall.
The key to doing well with the Priestess of the Moon is to use her like an Archer. Use the typical ranged unit tactics as you do with other ranged units. Make sure she is always toward the rear of the army and that melee units cannot reach her. Run away when units attempt to surround her or focus fire on her with ranged units. Even with these methods you may still find you lose her against good Undead players using Dread Lord's Sleep, or Night Elf Keeper of the Grove's Entangle. But you can also protect her with a Demon Hunter to Mana Burn enemy Heroes.
The Priestess of the Moon is often a good second Hero choice. She can instantly give the Trueshot Aura to your existing units at level 1 and can support your primary Demon Hunter or Keeper of the Grove Hero. The downside of picking her second is that is slower to reach Level 6 and Starfall. Picking the Priestess as the first and only Hero can allow you to reach Starfall much faster. This can be especially effective in 2 vs. 2, 3 vs. 3, and 4 vs. 4 games. The Priestess can also be a great primary Hero when teaming with other Night Elf players since it helps them both.
Make use of Hide with the Priestess of the Moon. Attack the enemy, then Hide, attack then Hide. If the Priestess is about to die at night, use Hide to avoid dying. This works very well. You can then run back home when it is safe. You can use Hide with your entire army of Archers and Huntresses since all have Shadowmeld. If you find a Cloak of Shadows you can even use this with your second Hero as well.
Give the Priestess combat items such as Claws, Gloves of Haste, Agility Items, and other items that add to her damage and combat ability. Some players think of her as a caster type Hero but she can actually take advantage of combat items, especially when combined with Searing Arrow.
Spells and Abilities
- The Owl is invulnerable so you can do whatever you want with it and the enemy can't attack it. The Owl is great for scouting enemy towns or expansions.
- Searing Arrows will fire until the Priestess is out of mana.
- Manually casting Searing Arrows will allow the Priestess of the Moon to fire beyond her normal 60 range at level 2.
- Starfall is great at killing units. If you use potions it will interrupt the Starfall.
- Starfall damage vs. buildings is reduced to 35%.
- Starfall hits units automatically without the caster having to aim. This means it's not really possible to avoid the Starfall unless you run away from the area.
- This spell must be maintained by having the Priestess of the Moon stand still while the spell is cast to get the full effect
|Balance Patch History|
|Patch Version||Balance Changes|