A cunning Hero, adept at healing magics and voodoo curses. Channeling the spirits of their dark gods, the Shadow Hunters walk the line between darkness and light in the hope of salvaging the future for their savage brethren.
These reclusive, wily jungle trolls are considered to be the highest authority within their respective warbands. They are masters of voodoo magics who can use their spirit-powers to both heal their allies and place curses upon their hapless enemies. The Shadow Hunters walk the line between darkness and light in hopes of salvaging the future for their savage brethren.
- This is the Orcs' main way of healing besides Troll Witch Doctor's Healing Wards and Healing Salve from the Voodoo Lounge.
- The second and subsequent jumps of Healing Wave will prioritize units having the lowest health in the area. Keep your damaged units near the primary target if you want to make sure they get some relief.
- At level 3, Healing Wave can heal up to 915 life! (300 hp on the first target + 225 + 169 + 126 + 95 on the other four targets.) At that point, it is often more gold efficient to buy Mana Potions for the Shadow Hunter than to buy Healing Salves for your army.
- Hex works on Heroes which also makes them unable to use any of their inventory items! Use this ability to prevent them from using a Scroll of Town Portal, Potion of Lesser Invulnerability, or Potion of Healing and kill them before Hex wears off.
- This spell is hilarious as is the Icon!
- Hex does not affect summoned units.
- Hexed units move at speed 100. Use Hex to isolate retreating enemy units from the rest of their army.
- Hex can be used to silence spell casters and to interrupt spells that require spell channeling.
- Serpent wards can hit air and ground.
- Place a serpent ward to scout paths from which your opponent may be coming to interfere with you when you engage creeps or when you attack their base.
- Where treelines are thin, you can sometimes drop a serpent ward on an opposite side of the trees when you get a small glimpse of the ground on the other side. This is especially useful when you need to see what is happening on the other side of the trees or when flying units are moving over the trees to hide from you.
- Serpent wards' magic immunity makes them very effective against armies comprising mostly magic damage, such as large numbers of Druid of the Talons, Shamans, Frost Wyrms, or Gryphon Riders. An enemy hero may have to approach the serpent ward to kill it, at which time they will be more vulnerable to your attacks and spells.
- Serpent wards have longer range than many basic ranged units, including Troll Headhunter, Crypt Fiend, and non-upgraded Archer and Rifleman.
- The Shadow Hunter will be the main target after you cast this spell. Place as many units in the way around him so that the enemy cannot reach him. You can also try using terrain or Hero Items such as Healing Potions to keep him alive.
- This spell can be interrupted. Read more here (Spell Channeling).
- This ability is extremely useful in large team games where the Shadow Hunter can help other allied armies.
|Balance Patch History|
|Patch Version||Balance Changes|
- 2019-05-28 | Shadow Hunter and Pit Lord by RehcraM of Warcraft3.info