Goblins are known for their mechanical expertise and clever, though sometimes peculiar, inventions, and the Tinker is certainly no exception. With his Claw-Pack/Hammer-Tank combo, the Tinker's ingenuity is undeniable. Though his parts may sometimes fail and the occasional explosion does occur, the spirit and enthusiasm of this Hero are never diminished. There truly is more to the Goblin Tinker than meets the eye!
Not much is known about the Goblin Tinker except that he is a tricky guy!
- Best creeping ability for the Tinker
- When you summon a factory among creeps, the first goblin is finished a few seconds later. When you are facing really strong creeps (some orange and red camps), factory could be destroyed before goblins appears. To solve this, problem, attack at night or divert enemy's attention to the Goblin Tinker or other units. Remember, that factory is not fighting unit), so it's a secondary target and will be only autoattacked if there are not other harmfull threats nearby.
- Factory placement: Clockwerk Goblins leave the factory by the door. It might be useful to focus Goblins on one monster and force other creeps to make long walks round the building to reach those small and inocent-like Goblins.
- The Engineering upgrade is a great help for Pocket Factory. Clockwerk Goblins are created much faster and allows Goblin Tinker to beat orange and red creep camps alone, only using pocket factories.
- The Pocket Factory could be used to block paths. A clever Goblin Tinker could use that to circle or protect units.
- Another important thing about the Pocket Factory is that goblins don't give experience at all (and the building itself gives very little).
- At high levels, damage done by Clockwerk Goblins is great. Especially, the kaboom ability deals full damage to buildings (80 hp every goblin) and they are created every 2 seconds. A Goblin Tinker in robo-goblin form using Pocket Factories destroys enemy buildings really fast.
- Another good tactical use of Pocket Factory is to disrupt ranged enemy lines. Summon a factory among enemy units, and low life Archers, Headhunters, Mortar Team, Shaman will be ripped off. Remember, Goblins blow up on death so no matter if they are killed instantly when appear, nearby foes receive damage. Factory will not be attacked (it's not a primary target) and Goblins will do more and more damage.
- Rockets have a big area of effect, bigger than Blizzard or Flame Strike. That area further increases with the Engineering upgrade. Damage is low, especially at first level (35 hp really seem a joke) but there isn't any limit to the number of units affected. At level 3, 100 damage is more respectable and with it's low cooldown and cost, can be repeatly used.
This passive ability improves other Goblin Tinker abilities.
- Cluster Rockets - Larger Area.
- Pocket Factory - Builds Clockwerk Goblins more quickly.
- Robo-Goblin - Increases armor and Strength; enhances Demolish.
- Also gives bonus damage and increases the Goblin Tinker's movement speed.
Speed increase is probably the most important bonus of Engineering. The Goblin Tinker is small and rarely get struck by other units or buildings. Wearing boots of speed and using engineering speed boost, makes him a very fast and agile hero, capable of chasing damaged enemies and retreating when needed.
- Bonus Strength and armor.
- Transform into the Robo-Goblin when necessary. Likely times to do this is when you wish to avoid spell damage or wish to destroy buildings.
- While the Tinker is in Robo-Goblin form you can repair him! Grab a bunch of workers and repair him during combat!
- Being immune to stun, one of his specialities is storming expansions solo. Towers and other buildings are destroyed fast and when enemy tries to come back, he can simply run or use Staff of Teleportation (which is almost impossible to interrupt the Goblin Tinker) to return home
- The Tinker becomes mechanical, rendering him immune to stun, most offensive spells, and several beneficial spells.
- Use of the Demolish ability, which grants bonus damage against buildings.
The most recent games with Tinker first are
|YaGami |||vs.||| Sonik|
| Game 4 on Twisted Meadows|
|Moon |||vs.||| TH000|
| Game 1 on Terenas Stand LV|
|LawLiet |||vs.||| TH000|
| Game 2 on Terenas Stand LV|
|Sonik |||vs.||| Deathnote|
| Game 2 on Echo Isles|
|TH000 |||vs.||| Infi|
| Game 1 on Terenas Stand|
The most recent games with Tinker second are
|LawLiet |||vs.||| bike|
| Game 2 on Amazonia|
|Romantic |||vs.||| Karmar|
| Game 2 on Echo Isles|
|Zhou_Xixi |||vs.||| Mango|
| Game 3 on Twisted Meadows|
|Foggy |||vs.||| Cash|
| Game 3 on Amazonia|
|Foggy |||vs.||| Cash|
| Game 2 on Last Refuge|