The horrifying Undead army, called the Scourge, consists of thousands of walking corpses, disembodied spirits, damned mortal men and insidious extra-dimensional entities. The Scourge was created by the Burning Legion for the sole purpose of sowing terror across the world in anticipation of the Legion's inevitable invasion. The Undead are ruled by Ner'zhul, the Lich King, who lords over the icy realm of Northrend from his frozen throne. Ner'zhul commands the terrible plague of undeath, which he sends ever southward into the human lands. As the plague encroaches on the southlands, more and more humans fall prey to Ner'zhul's mental control and life-draining sickness every day. In this way, Ner'zhul has swelled the ranks of the already considerable Scourge. The Undead employ necromantic magics and the elemental powers of the cold north against their enemies.
- The Undead do not build structures, but instead summon them into being. During the summoning, the Acolyte can return to its duties, since it does not need to stay with a building while it is being summoned. The Undead can also Unsummon their buildings and recoup a percentage of the gold and lumber cost originally used to summon the building.
- Most Undead buildings must be summoned on blight. Only two buildings can be summoned on normal land: the Necropolis and a Haunted Gold Mine. Once completed, these buildings generate a radius of blight, upon which subsequent Undead buildings can be summoned. Each additional building you summon extends the radius of blight further. The standard (non Hero) Undead units only regenerate hit points while on the blight. Off the blight they do not regenerate, neither in the daytime nor at night. Undead heroes' health regeneration is increased on blight.
- In addition to gold and lumber, the Undead Scourge harvest corpses as a tertiary resource. Corpses are not used for purchasing units or raising buildings, but instead are used to fuel some of the powers of the Undead.
- The Undead can have very tough defenses thanks to their Spirit Towers and Nerubian Towers with Fortified Armor that can also be repaired during battle.
- Crypt Fiends can burrow under the ground making them invisible to the enemy and gaining increased health regeneration. Stone Form can be used to regenerate Gargoyles.
- Undead can bring Obsidian Statues with them to regenerate their hit points and mana.
From Temple of the Damned
|Altar||Altar of Darkness|
|Shop||Tomb of Relics|
|Lumber Return & Upgrades||Graveyard|
|Tier 1 Production||Crypt|
|Tier 2 Production||Temple of the Damned|
|Tier 2 Production||Slaughterhouse|
|Tier 3 Production||Boneyard|
- 2018-11-18 | How To Basic: Undead by RehcraM of Warcraft3.info
- 2017-08-06 | The notorious Orc versus Undead by David of Warcraft3.info