WarCraft III Champions League - Season III
3 x 1v1 (Bo3
2 x 2v2 (Bo3
The WarCraft III Champions League - Season III (WC3L Season III) was organized by inGame.de and played online first on Reign of Chaos, then on The Frozen Throne add-on starting Playday 7.
The championship took place from May 30th, 2003 to September 23rd, 2003 and featured 12 European esports teams instead of the usual 10. Among them the Season II's top 5, as well as six additional teams who managed to qualify, and a newcomer, invited for their already "proven skill", the 4Kings.
In the end of the regular season, playoffs have been held between the six best teams. At the same time, playdowns would also determine the two teams that'll stay the next season, and those who'll have to qualify.
- Each playday consists of five matches where two teams face up in a best-of-five match.
- Matches consist of three 1v1 and two 2v2 played in best-of-three.
- A point is given to the team for each best-of-three match won.
$ 1,000 by Hardware are spread among the teams as seen below:
* XS Arena renamed to sTar after Playday 6 while a-Laget disbands, replaced by Gamepoint where the majority of the players went.
* eSports United dropped out from WC3L after Playday 6 giving all of their matches a 0-5 score.
sTar and Gamepoint are qualified for season IV while a-Losers and Black Mesa Force will have to play against respectively the 2nd and the 3rd of the qualifier.