Warcraft3.info League - Season 4
Playoffs: single elimination
1x 2vs2 (Bo3)
The Warcraft3.info League - Season 4 is a team league. It's the most important western team league with the higher level of play. It features the best European teams and American teams. It's organized by warcraft3.info and crowdfunded.
Format and dates
Each match between clans consists of :
- four 1vs1 and one 2vs2 (each Bo3),
- for a match won 2:0, the winning team earns 3 points and the losing team none.
- for a match won 2:1, the winning team earns 2 points and the losing team earns 1 point.
The regular season consists of three groups of 8 teams each :
- Swiss system (each round a team faces a randomly drawn opponent with the same/the closest score);
- Danish system (when the swiss system can't be used anymore; 1st faces 2nd, 3rd faces 4th and so on...);
- Clan war based ranking; in case of tie:
- Clan war won during the swiss system stage;
- Points won during the swiss system stage;
- Buchholz-Score points during the swiss system stage.
- top 2 of each group advances to the playoffs.
- the best 3rd ranked team advance to the playoffs as well;
- the two lasts 3rd ranked teams faces one another to determine the very last team advancing.
The 8 clans remaining face in a single elimination bracket :
- in quarter finals teams from a same group can't meet;
- include a match for third place.
You can contribute to the prize pool here. At least 100 $ will be spread among players as follows :