Warcraft 3 Amateur Team League - Season 2 - Division 1
Playoffs: single elimination
The Warcraft 3 Amateur Team League - Season 2 is a team league. It's designed as an international team league to promote fair play and competitiveness. Its most important and unique feature is the three separate divisions with w3c solo ladder MMR caps (Div 1 <= 2350 MMR; Div 2 <= 1995 MMR; Div 3 <= 1735 MMR). It's envisioned and designed by GaeBolg, and organized by Nega Nebulas, Barren, and Ember. See more information and the complete rulebook here.
Format and dates
Each match between clans consists of :
- four 1vs1 (each Bo3) matches,
- for a match won 2:0, the winning team earns 3 points and the losing team none.
- for a match won 2:1, the winning team earns 2 points and the losing team earns 1 point.
The regular season consists of three groups of 8 teams each:
- Round-Robin system (each team will play all other teams in the same division);
- Clan war based ranking; in case of tie:
- Points won during the main season;
- Clan war won during the main season;
- Clan war tied during the main season;
- Head-to-head Clan war results;
- If still tied, final rankings will be decided by Ace Matches between all tied clans.
- Top four teams in each division advance to the playoffs.
For each division, the 4 clans face in a single elimination bracket:
- Rank 1 vs 4, Rank 2 vs 3 in semi-finals;
- Include a match for third place.