The mysterious wardens serve as the night elves' special police force in Kalimdor. Set apart from the militant Sentinels, wardens are usually employed as jailors, assassins, and bounty hunters. When loosed upon escaped criminals, wardens employ a number of supernatural powers that enable them to recapture their prey and mete out the night elves' justice. Wardens have a line of sight teleport ability called "blink," which they can use to outmaneuver even the quickest of foes.
A cunning Hero, adept at entering and escaping combat. Set apart from the militant Sentinels, Wardens are usually employed as jailors, assassins, and bounty hunters. Attacks land units.
The Warden cannot attack air units unless she uses Fan of Knives or Shadow Strike.
The Warden is an assassination type Hero that can require a lot of skill to use. Unlike the Demon Hunter, she can't take the same amount of damage before dying. She lacks the Immolation and Evasion abilities and other bonuses that allow the Demon Hunter to survive in melee combat much longer. So the way you play the Warden is a little bit different. She is best played by sending her in to cast Fan of Knives or Shadow Strike, then run or Blink her away once the enemy starts beating on her. She can also assist in melee combat if the enemy is not attacking her. If you don't spend time controlling her and ignore her in battle, she can easily die. But in the right hands of an advanced player, she is very deadly. People find new respect for the Warden.
Unlike the Demon Hunter and Keeper of the Grove, the Warden has Hide! Use this ability during battle when the enemy focuses their attention on her. Then once they move on to other targets, come out of "cloak" and attack. You can even Blink away if they continue to surround your Hero.
The Warden has one of the best ultimate abilities for the Night Elves: Vengeance.
Spells & Abilities
- Make sure you use this ability only when the enemy is nearby. It's easy to cast this by mistake otherwise. You cannot aim this ability because it aims itself.
- Fan of Knives also damages invisible units around the Warden (but they must be detected to be damaged), this also applies for Burrowed units.
- Blink's range is about a half to a full screen radius.
- This spell is useful for getting out of danger when surrounded by the enemy.
- Blink is also useful for catching up to enemy units that are running away.
- Blink is very useful for traveling somewhere very quickly. Just keep blinking ahead.
- Blink is useful for crossing barriers such as Rivers, Trees, islands, etc.
- Blink can't be used to escape disabling abilities such as Ensnare, Entangling Roots, and so on.
- Blink does not work when the Warden is immobilized by a spell.
- Units that are following the Warden will stop following if she Blinks. This is intentional.
- This ability is useful against single powerful targets, especially Heroes. This is an excellent anti-hero ability. If they teleport away, the poison damage is still active and they can die once they arrive at their location! =)
- Shadow Strike cannot be removed by Banish. Don't forget, Shadow Strike can hit air units!
- Wait until there are a bunch of corpses before using the spell.