World Cyber Arena 2016 Chinese Qualifier #1
Playoffs : single elimination
The Chinese Qualifier #1 is the first chance for chinese players to qualify for World Cyber Arena 2016 : one of the most important tournament and with the biggest prize pool of the year.
Format and dates
The 8 players are invited, there was no qualifier.
The groupstage consists in a round robin system :
- players are divided into 2 groups of 4 players each,
- a player faces each other once,
- all matches are best-of-3.
In conclusion :
- top 2 of each group advance into the playoffs,
- fourth (and last) of each group is banned for Qualifier #2.
- playday 1 : march 23rd,
- playday 2 : march 28th,
- playday 3 : march 30th,
- playday 4 : april 4th,
- playday 5 : april 6th,
- playday 6 : april 11th.
The playoffs consist in a single elimination bracket :
- winner of group A faces 2nd of group B and vice-versa,
- semi-finals are best-of-3, played on april 16th & 17th,
- game for 3rd place is best-of-3, played on april 18th,
- final is best-of-5 played offline in Yinchuan (China) on may 20th.
- the winner qualifies for main event.
¥ 100,000 (≃ $ 15,276) are spread among the players as seen below :
|Place||$ USD||¥ CNY||Qualified||Player||Team|
|3rd||$3,087||¥ 20,000||-||Fly100%||World Elite|
according to xe.com conversion rate on 2016-05-20 (¥ 1 ≃ $ 0.15276).
|Human (3)||Orc (2)||Undead (2)||Night Elf (1)|
|Total Sum (Σ)||0||0||0||0||0.0%||0||0||0||0.0%||0||0||0||0.0%||0||0||0||0.0%||0||0||0||0.0%||0||0||0||0.0%||0||0||0||0|